“Organic”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of ABC Kitchen

ABC Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
ABC Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Broadway & Park Avenue South
Transit: L,N,Q,R,W,4,5,6 to Union Square
Description: ABC Kitchen with Jean-Georges: passionately committed to offering the freshest organic and local ingredients possible. ABC Kitchen presents a changing menu that is locally sourced and globally artistic in a fresh and articulate space.
Dublin Ireland
“Organic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great spot for lunch - had a Pizza and it was super tasty - busy spot so book ahead - It is part of a very interesting furniture shop

Visited January 2014

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Ontario
“Food was good, service terrible, company spectacular.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

My friend and I were in NYC for a last minute, short two night stay. We decided just a week before to have dinner at ABC Kitchen. Opentable didn't have any tables available at the time we requested, but a simple phone call got us a table for two at our preferred time. We got a phone call the day before our reservation to confirm by a friendly hostess who even moved it up by 30 mins for us so we could spend even more time savouring the delicious food and drinks.

Upon arrival (we were early by about 30 mins), they welcomed us, offered to check our coats (included) and took a seat at the bar. We both enjoyed the ginger margaritas and a glass of wine. For appetizers, we ordered the kale salad and beets with yogurt. The beets arrived promptly, my kale salad came literally 20 seconds before my entree only because we asked for it. There wasn't an issue of being cold or hot - it simply wouldn't have come if we didn't push. Not impressed. The server knew I wasn't happy, but was emotionless and stoic nonetheless. My waygu burger was medium when I had asked for medium well (I see the shaking heads of foodies, but I not interested in getting e. coli away from home); the server took it back and brought it back almost 10 mins later while my friend enjoyed her lobster. Of course, I was doubly upset having not been able to enjoy our appetizer or entree at the same time. Having been a waitress, a sincere apology from the server is required even though it is not their fault. He didn't either time.

The only redemption came in the form of donuts (they were good, but not THAT good) which were complimentary from the kitchen with our salted peanut ice cream desert ($14). Despite having a cold, it was extremely salty and I would not order it again. We let it melt in the bowl. I should note they didn't charge me for my chamomile tea; perhaps an oversight, we will never know.

Bottom line: If it wasn't for the great company which included my best friend, two beautiful ladies who hugged us when they left and the couple next to us sharing a surprise gift with one another, our experience would have been mediocre. It is a splurge but a good organic meal in NYC; the ambiance is great and the drinks were well made.

I will probably give it another chance. If the waiter with the ponytail ever tries to serve me again, I will ask for someone else. This is a hospitality and service industry and I expect to be welcomed and served well.

• Visited January 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Pretty place, pretty people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

After shopping and walking, we were a bit early for our reservation but were immediately led to a table with terrific sightlines across the restaurant. The server seemed to be rushing us—so much so that I asked, in the gentlest possible way, if our table was needed for the next reservation. She paused, took note, and said, Of course not! and our pleasantly leisurely from that point.

The food was utterly delicious and the presentation was simple, lovely. I love a room filled with people chatting, enjoying each other and their food. This is one of my favorite places for lunch.

Highly recommend.

• Visited December 2013
West Midlands
“A Must Do Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

My Wife and i went to ABC Kitchen for her birthday meal and had a great time. We couldn't get in until 10pm but the whole restaurant was still full of life and had a real buzz.
The decor is great with lots of exposed wood, Black & White photographs on the walls and young, friendly energetic staff.
We shared a starter of Calamari which was lovely, the batter was light and not at all greasy. For mains my wife had Scallops and i had Cod, we both agreed the food was stunning. The ethos of the restaurant is to source local produce, either organic or from independent producers and the freshness of the ingredients really comes across in the taste of the food.
In a city full of fabulous restaurants i would make this a definite visit.

• Visited January 2014
Toronto
“Great Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We had an excellent meal here last year. The room is pretty and the food and service were very good. I had the fried chicken which was light and delicate and not at all greasy or heavy. Worth a try.

Visited March 2013