“Couldn't praise it higher”
Review of ABC Kitchen

ABC Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
ABC Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #121 of 13,748 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Broadway & Park Avenue South
Transit: L,N,Q,R,W,4,5,6 to Union Square
Description: ABC Kitchen with Jean-Georges: passionately committed to offering the freshest organic and local ingredients possible. ABC Kitchen presents a changing menu that is locally sourced and globally artistic in a fresh and articulate space.
Hong Kong, China
“Couldn't praise it higher”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

A lovely boozy ladies' lunch! This place looks a little unpromising and very incognito from the outside but trust the directions. Inside was a beautifully distressed organic looking dining room with an open and airy feel. If I were to quibble, I might suggest the tables be better spaced as one of the waitresses managed to knock my water glass over with her derrière, as she bent over the table next door to serve them. But as I managed to save my glass of red wine, disaster and a major wardrobe incident was averted and the rest of the staff was quick to furnish towels to help me dry my clothes and handbag.

The food however and the service apart from this blip, were excellent. We had struggled to find vegetables in most restaurants we had visited, so we were keen to have the heirloom tomato toast, which was as it should be, with a hint of cheese. The kale salad was nicely dressed though the Serrano chillies might have been more finely sliced, as they were eye-wateringly spicy. But the shaved fluke and the crab toasts were divine and I will be trying to replicate these at home. Our main, which we shared, was the hake. A great recommendation from our waiter. It was perfectly cooked, melting and flakey, with a nicely balanced tomato sauce. We had a side order too of the corn, which proved a dish too far after a hearty breakfast earlier - but was still good.

Our waiter was outstanding, very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu and wine.

Would cheerfully return for dinner next time I am in New York.

• Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
vancouver
“ABC Delicious!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is a fantastic restaurant! We had reservations for brunch (at 2:30 p.m. - it's super popular), and the place was hopping. It's very clean, open, white. Fresh, fresh, organic food. There were too many choices. Hubby had the french toast with honey glazed peaches and I had a ricotta omelet. Both super-scrumptious. Service was good, not amazing. A bit pricey, but a treat worth splurging on. With dessert and coffee, brunch came to $80.

1 Thank gomall
Mahopac, New York
“amazing”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Amazing food, cocktails, great environment
would definitely return here. Highly recommend. The service was top.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Food was good but service was slow”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went on a weekday but the restaurant was buzzing. Prior reservations are highly recommended. Be ready to wait for your table if you are in the second seating. Known for its organic food it has a good menu with delicious food. The place gets a bit noisy. We ordered , Roast carrot and avocado salad , riccota ravioli and spinach goat cheese pizza. It has a decent selection for the vegetarians. Desserts were good as well. Ambience is good but service could have been a better. Will definitely go again on my next trip.

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Simply the best”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant in NYC. My husband and I first went a year ago for our anniversary and loved it so much that we returned for our second anniversary. Everything is flawless from food to service to ambiance. We ordered 2 apps: (1) scallops and (2) veal meatball pasta - the pasta is seriously out of this world - you must order it as an app or entree - MUST! I had the sea-bass for my entree which was prepared to perfection - it was fresh and delicious. We were a bit full at the end so opted to share ice cream which was again amazing. They knew it was our anniversary and brought out a cake for us which was such a nice gesture. Our waitress was so friendly (but not annoyingly overly friendly - just perfect) and knowledgable about the menu and the wine list. The wine list is great, and you can't go wrong with one of their amazing cocktails either.
We will most likely go back again for our next anniversary. If you haven't been yet, you are definitely missing out! If you are going for dinner, call a month in advance to make a reservation.