“Terrific”
Review of Gramercy Tavern

Gramercy Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Gramercy Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Park Avenue & Broadway
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R or L to 14th Street Union Square or 6 to 23rd Street at Park Avenue
Description: One of America’s most beloved restaurants, Gramercy Tavern has welcomed guests for close to two decades to enjoy seasonal American cuisine, warm hospitality and unparalleled service. The restaurant is perennially ranked at the top of Zagat Survey’s ‘Most Popular’ list, and has garnered eight James Beard Awards including ‘Outstanding Restaurant’ and ‘Best Chef: NYC’. Chef Michael Anthony’s highly seasonal menu consists of elegant dishes with a rustic influence that showcase the restaurant’s relationships with local farms and purveyors. The Main Dining Room serves prix-fixe menus starting at $92 for dinner and an a la carte menu for lunch, and accepts reservations 28 days in advance. The more casual Tavern serves an a la carte menu centered around the wood burning grill, and welcomes guests on a walk-in basis. The restaurant also features an acclaimed wine list, and thoughtfully selected beer and cocktail offerings.
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I bar dine whenever I go here. Everyone should go here once. Of course we all know it's famous for being a Danny Meyer establishment and that's all well and good. However, the food is just always spot on and the service friendly. It serves as a reminder that great restaurants are great because of the people and the culture as well as really well executed food, regardless of how sophisticated. I had an interesting butternut squash cavatelli for lunch last time I was in. Just really great. They have an exceptional wine and beer list. And the bartender was incredibly pleasant.

1  Thank travelingdiner2014
Write a ReviewReviews (3,318)

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This restaurant continues to be timeless, and relevant in a city of continual change. The service is impeccable and attentive without being overbearing. And the best for me, it doesn't feel stuffy or pretentious. The meal selection is not large but everything is done perfectly. Its always interesting, seasonal and beautifully prepared and presented. Just a terrific, classic and consistently wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I fancied some fish so my suggested that we went here and I was sooooo pleased that we did - genuinely some of the best food I've ever had. For starters we had oysters (perfectly served with options for all palettes) and the fluke tartare which was one of the best things I have ever eaten - truly wonderful. For mains we had the cobia and the arctic char - both of which were perfectly cooked and very tasty. The pudding blew my mind - we shared a trio of sorbets - a little boring you may feel... However, with mango and chilli, pear and a grilled pineapple sorbet we were truly treated! The mango and chilli had a good kick - the pear was like eating a fresh piece of fruit and the grilled pineapple somehow tasted a little of bacon (trust me it was lovely even though it sounds weird).. I would genuinely recommend eating here to everyone!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Celebrating our 40th. wedding anniversary at the Gramercy Tavern was a wonderful experience. After being seated and surrounded by the beauty of this fine restaurant, we were greeted by a complimentary glass of Proseco. This was followed by a deliciously prepared three course meal, each served by a well trained and courteous staff. Finishing the meal with a surprise anniversary cake and a glass of Madeira wine made for special anniversary celebration.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Fresh, imaginative , seasonal and local. These are the mainstays of Gramercy Tavern. While it's been around for more than 20 years (which make it a veritable gastronomic institution in NYC) they accept no complacency in the menu, it is ever changing and evolving, setting new moods and tones for the competitive food landscape that is Manhattan. You can't beat the ambiance, you notice I didn't say view. Located in the flat iron district, you are certainly dead center city, but once through the doors it is an oasis of beautiful food, flowers and service. My favorite time of year is fall at the Tavern, it just shines for me in all the right ways that time of year. I have been here for upscale holiday parties, casual couples dinners by the fire and long lingering spring brunches. I have never had a meal I did not think about for days after.

1  Thank sephra