“I do not understand the TripAdvisor rating. Not close to number 5 in NY.”
Review of Gramercy Tavern

Gramercy Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Gramercy Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Park Avenue & Broadway
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R or L to 14th Street Union Square or 6 to 23rd Street at Park Avenue
Description: One of America’s most beloved restaurants, Gramercy Tavern has welcomed guests for close to two decades to enjoy seasonal American cuisine, warm hospitality and unparalleled service. The restaurant is perennially ranked at the top of Zagat Survey’s ‘Most Popular’ list, and has garnered eight James Beard Awards including ‘Outstanding Restaurant’ and ‘Best Chef: NYC’. Chef Michael Anthony’s highly seasonal menu consists of elegant dishes with a rustic influence that showcase the restaurant’s relationships with local farms and purveyors. The Main Dining Room serves prix-fixe menus starting at $92 for dinner and an a la carte menu for lunch, and accepts reservations 28 days in advance. The more casual Tavern serves an a la carte menu centered around the wood burning grill, and welcomes guests on a walk-in basis. The restaurant also features an acclaimed wine list, and thoughtfully selected beer and cocktail offerings.
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Food good but not great and certainly not memorable. Very expensive for the food served. Efficient service but a bit pretentious. When I buy a bottle of wine, I really don't like waiters pouring after every sip in an effort to coax me into a second bottle. Overall I like the place, but it was much better a few years ago and for $500.00 for a tasting menu and wine, you can do a lot better. I really want to like it and the little sweets at the end are great but the total experience just doesn't justify the cost. Perhaps I will try the bar area next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,236)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Gramercy Tavern is always our big New York dinner splurge when we visit. Yes, it is pricey, but it has never disappointed us. Our server was darling and attentive. The food was excellent and with all of the "extras" they provided, we left more than satiated.

1  Thank perrons
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Very nice dinner with a high price tag. Dinner and a few drinks for 4 came in at around $900. Would return again but not until I get my next pay check. Excellent service and staff.

3  Thank J1mBarry
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just returned from a three-hour dinner at Gramercy Tavern with my daughter. The food was excellent---we had the vegetable tasting menu---and the ambiance was lovely. However, we seemed to wait forever between courses (45 minutes to get dessert after the previous course). It felt as though the server forgot us amid the business of the evening. Not being rushed is one thing, waiting 45 minutes for dessert is another. By the time we got our dessert we just wanted to leave and go to bed. The secondary serving staff was wonderful and attentive, but we were never asked whether our food was okay or if we liked it! Luckily, we did! For over $350 for two people, it would have been nice to have a little more attention!

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful food, great ambience, attentive staff and even spotted a few celebs! I'd suggest this venue over anywhere else in NYC. For three courses and drinks our bill was $129... Almost a steal!

1  Thank Sallyd89