“Have fun browsing at the pastry counter”

Veniero's Pasticceria & Caffe
Get food delivered
Cuisines: Diner, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: East Village
Description: Our Uncle Antonio Veniero came to New York City back in 1885 when he was just 16 years old. He worked in a candy factory downtown from our current location. After 3 years he was promoted to a manager and 6 years later he opened his new business at 342 East 11th Street (our current location) which he called A. Veniero Confections. He just served candies but his patrons wanted something to go with the sweets so he started to roast his own espresso (with six different beans) and then he eventually brought in master bakers from Italy and the rest is history. People have been coming to Veniero Pasticceria & caffe for many generations and we are so proud of Antonio Veniero's vision and we strive each and every day to make the freshest desserts, cookies, biscotti, Gelato and drinks. The secret is simple. Use the highest quality ingredients, the finest flavors,freshest fruits and never take any shortcuts. Please come experience the legend of Veniero's for yourself either in person or online. We promise you will feel the passion that Antonio felt when he first came here to America over 131 years ago. That dream is carried on by his great nephew and nieces along with a dedicated baking staff that has a work ethic like no other. Not many places can say that and we can promise you that we will continue to make sure we make the highest quality baked goods for you and your family for generations to come. From our family to your family we look forward to serving you. Ciao, The Veniero family.
Reviewed July 16, 2016

There are lots of desserts to choose from at Veniero's. Cannoli, cake slices, mousse, cheesecake and more fill the pastry counter. Have fun browsing and enjoy your selection from a table in the restaurant. But, you can only enjoy your pastry in the restaurant if you order from a waiter. The cannoli was tasty but a little too much cinnamon for my preference.

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (561)

Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

This place is pack at 10 pm. They open until 12. No waiting for table at the time of my visit. I ordered chocolate windmill cake, chocolate cannoli, espresso and coffee. That satisfied our taste for dessert and before we left we tote 2 boxes of assorted sweets to take home. You can't go wrong with this place. The reason only 4 star? Table service was not the friendliest one, seems like the lady wasn't happy with her job.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 14, 2016

Veniero's is one place that I would specifically go to twice or thrice a month to satisfy my craving for something sweet or to treat visiting out-of-town friends. I would mostly go for the blueberry cheesecake to take out and enjoy at home with my family. But they have lots and lots of cakes and pastries for all occasions to choose from, all of them worth the try. Depending on the time of day, the place can be crowded which only goes to prove how popular the place is. Finding a place to park close by may be a challenge, too. Chances are once you have tried their cakes and pastries you will keep coming back just like me.

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank jacmardim
Reviewed July 9, 2016

The staff behind the counter are very friendly. The place still has an old-fashioned feel which is disappearing in NYC.
The traditional Italian cookies are delicious. I love the pignoli and hazelnut meringue cookies. The cannoli are delicious as are all the pastries I've tried there.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 29, 2016

We got slices of 4 different cakes. They were all to die for. I think everything here must be great.

Date of visit: June 2016