“Get there early cause your going to wait”

Veniero's Pasticceria & Caffe
Cuisines: Cafe, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: East Village
New Jersey
“Get there early cause your going to wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

This landmark continues to amaze me. It's been here so long and over the years the Asians have been making it their Mecca, well it's nearly impossible to ever find it empty. Is it the best? No. Is it great? Yes. Experience for yourself. I'm sitting outside right now double parked while my wife waits inside for takeout. She's been waiting 45 minutes and it's a Sunday afternoon before Xmas. Go figure

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Antonio, TX
“LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEE IT.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Excellent desserts! You'll have a very hard time deciding what to pick. There are so many choices and everything looks delicious. Its set up like a bakery up front with the bakery windows and pastries displayed throughout, and then its set up like a restaurant towards the back with a dining area and servers. Im pretty sure all they had were desserts though... and of course coffee and wine. Its open pretty late which I suppose is typical in the city that never sleeps. I had a slice of New York cheesecake with fresh strawberries and a glass of pinot noir. I forgot what my husband had, some sort of oreo thing and a lovely dessert coffee that included Bailey's Irish crème. I believe it came out to about $21 for us both. Not bad for NYC. Its one of those cozy hidden places you can only find in New York. (or maybe Italy???) If I lived here, Id come here all the time!

• Visited September 2013
Westchester County, New York
“Italian pastries!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Veniero's is so New York and so Italian! The pastries, cakes and cookies are the best. If you want coffee and dessert, this is the place to go. It is always crowded and there's often a wait for a table. You are not going to find better anywhere else in New York.

• Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Great for takeout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love their zuppa inglese cake (cake + pudding + rum + nuts) that's sold by weight and their rainbow cookies. Not tooo sweet.

Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“NYC's Finest Italian Bakery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have been going to Venieros for decades and it still remains my absolute favorite Italian Bakery. No wonder why this place has been around for over a century and it still gets a Zagata rating and nearly 400 5-star ratings on yelp, it's just that good. There's three things I have to get when I'm at Venieros...the cheesecake which I hate to say is better than my mom's, the ridiculously good cannolis and the strawberry shortcake which is probably my favorite thing there. Wash it down with a cappuccino and I'm in bliss! I love this place so much I had their cheesecake, macaroons and cannolis shipped in Maine for Thanksgiving at my family's house. Don't waste your time, energy or money going to those tourist traps in Little Italy. If you want the best Italian Bakery in NYC, you go to Venieros!

• Visited October 2013