“:)”

Cuisines: Diner, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: East Village
Description: Our Uncle Antonio Veniero came to New York City back in 1885 when he was just 16 years old. He worked in a candy factory downtown from our current location. After 3 years he was promoted to a manager and 6 years later he opened his new business at 342 East 11th Street (our current location) which he called A. Veniero Confections. He just served candies but his patrons wanted something to go with the sweets so he started to roast his own espresso (with six different beans) and then he eventually brought in master bakers from Italy and the rest is history. People have been coming to Veniero Pasticceria & caffe for many generations and we are so proud of Antonio Veniero's vision and we strive each and every day to make the freshest desserts, cookies, biscotti, Gelato and drinks. The secret is simple. Use the highest quality ingredients, the finest flavors,freshest fruits and never take any shortcuts. Please come experience the legend of Veniero's for yourself either in person or online. We promise you will feel the passion that Antonio felt when he first came here to America over 131 years ago. That dream is carried on by his great nephew and nieces along with a dedicated baking staff that has a work ethic like no other. Not many places can say that and we can promise you that we will continue to make sure we make the highest quality baked goods for you and your family for generations to come. From our family to your family we look forward to serving you. Ciao, The Veniero family.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Love the ambiance. Cakes, Pastries and coffee were all fantastic. Service isnt too good but the excellent food on offer far outweighs... Most things are also very fairly priced. Its location is convenient to public transport ... very short walk from the from the 6 Train at Astor Place or 1 train 1st Ave stop.

1  Thank habeshawe

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've been going to Veniero's for years with my family, and thankfully the place has been consistently delicious. Walking into Veniero's is a treat for the senses: miles and miles of cakes, pastries displayed in the glass case, delicious smells, a jovial upbeat ambiance. I've never dined in the neighboring cafe, but always leave with boxes of delicious pastries!

2  Thank elizabeth7887
Reviewed January 5, 2013

An century-plus old Italian cafe in the East village. It oozes charm. The espresso is oh so good. The pastries look like they are mass produced but they are brilliant. The turnover is so high that they are always fresh. But the highlight is the almond torte, which is the best cake in history. Like the review below, this is another Canadian that raids Veniero's every time I visit NYC to bring gifts back. A must-visit place for me every time I go to NYC.

2  Thank SugarSammy
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Driving by and walking in is a treat to the senses- reminds you of old world charm. The abundance of fresh smells and pastries is pleasing to the senses, and sooo easy to take for granted. Until you taste them, decadent, splendid, and truly a experience unlike any other. The cannoli's oh my..... And the cheesecake, I don't- er, I mean didn't like cheesecake until I got very personal with Veniero's.... Can I take the lords name in good vain??? Have mercy...
Note to self: Always take lot's to go. We got plenty to bring back to Canada. It didn't make it. (Shhh!) :)
I make no apologies and i'd do it again.

2  Thank Tricia_S1
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I can say that I have never eaten a delicious omelet and pancakes, the good reviews here, but I can only confirm fully. Try the juices and the Cafe I highly recommend. The restaurant is small and far from spacious, but also what gives it its charm.

2  Thank Loius W