“This is old school brilliance”

Veniero's Pasticceria & Caffe
Cuisines: Diner, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: East Village
San Francisco, California
“This is old school brilliance”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

An century-plus old Italian cafe in the East village. It oozes charm. The espresso is oh so good. The pastries look like they are mass produced but they are brilliant. The turnover is so high that they are always fresh. But the highlight is the almond torte, which is the best cake in history. Like the review below, this is another Canadian that raids Veniero's every time I visit NYC to bring gifts back. A must-visit place for me every time I go to NYC.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank SugarSammy

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Winnipeg, Canada
“6 Stars & 110% THE best!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Driving by and walking in is a treat to the senses- reminds you of old world charm. The abundance of fresh smells and pastries is pleasing to the senses, and sooo easy to take for granted. Until you taste them, decadent, splendid, and truly a experience unlike any other. The cannoli's oh my..... And the cheesecake, I don't- er, I mean didn't like cheesecake until I got very personal with Veniero's.... Can I take the lords name in good vain??? Have mercy...
Note to self: Always take lot's to go. We got plenty to bring back to Canada. It didn't make it. (Shhh!) :)
I make no apologies and i'd do it again.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Tricia_S1
New York City, New York
“Delicious...”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I can say that I have never eaten a delicious omelet and pancakes, the good reviews here, but I can only confirm fully. Try the juices and the Cafe I highly recommend. The restaurant is small and far from spacious, but also what gives it its charm.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Loius W
Scottsville, Kentucky
“Historical bakery”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We wanted an authentic NY bakery product and this place was recommended. We had some sweets in the cafe and took some back to the hotel too. Awesome desserts. The owner came in while we were there. He was very nice and even recommended an awesome authentic pizza place close by.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank happyhikers0229
Northern Virginia
“I could die happy just eating their cannolis.”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

If you are in the mood for Italian dessert of any kind go here. The desserts are amazing and really give you an authentic taste of both New York and Italy. Over 100 years of experience leads to perfection, and for $13.50 per pound on mini pastries I can afford to indulge when my waistline doesn't argue.