“Nice ambulance, great service, average food”
Review of Lure Fishbar

Lure Fishbar
Reserve with OpenTable
Lure Fishbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #600 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: SoHo
Cross street: Prince & Mercer Streets
Transit: N,R,F,V,B
New York City, New York
“Nice ambulance, great service, average food”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We've been here a handful of times over the years and for the most part have a good experience. The service is attentive and friendly. The ambiance is cool, as if your having dinner in a giant yacht. The food has been consistently average.

We've had fish entrees and sushi numerous times. Both decent, definitely not bad, but nothing memorable.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Saradish

• Korean first
New York City, New York
“Not what I expected...”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Lure is right around the corner of my office and we went to have dinner with a few of our out-of-town coworkers. I was really expecting some delicious seafood and was getting ready to feast since I wasn't paying.

I ordered the Lobster Ravioli and boy was that a disappointment. I'm not sure where the lobster in the Lobster Ravioli was and we only got about three raviolis. I'm not sure where that constitutes a meal, much less for the price on the menu.

I also ordered a dessert, peanut butter and chocolate cake with ice cream, it was okay, but I wanted to be wowed. I was really putting all my eggs in a basket on the dessert since the entree was not much to speak of.

Overall: Give it a try, just don't order the Lobster Ravioli.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Marilyn D
Warwick, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Seafood and Sushi”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Fun and buzzy atmosphere. Efficient and pleasant service. The restaurant is decorated to give the feel of being on a cruise ship - they manage to pull it off without it being tacky. The sushi was
freshly made and tasted incredible. The lobster roll was delicious.

Visited June 2013
Midland Park, New Jersey
“Great sushi, loud atmosphere”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've been to Lure a few times and have never been disappointed in the food. The calamari appetizer is probably the best I've had anywhere. The shrimp tempura is also very good. I usually order sushi here, they have a nice variety of rolls, I particularly like the lobster tempura roll. The service is attentive, but sometimes someone would walk over to our table and just look around without taking anything away. I understand that they're trying to be helpful, but at times it was odd. The atmosphere is very loud. The music is at a really high volume, so if you're sitting under one of the speakers, it could be difficult to hold a conversation. On one occasion, the speakers were malfunctioning and we spent half the dinner listening to speakers cracking and popping. However, I wouldn't let this deter you from going, the food is well worth the trip. And as other reviewers mentioned, it is on the pricey side. Even though the restaurant is more on the casual side, I would recommend making a reservation.

• Visited June 2013
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
“Great spot for a casual night out with colleagues/friends!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife's family has a seafood restaurant in Maine so my standards for seafood are definitely high. I have to say, Lure had delicious appetizers; oysters on the half shell, calamari (some of the best I've ever had) and offered a great entree of a lobster roll.

Great atmosphere for a casual business meeting or a night out with friends/co-workers.

Definitely recommend.