“Japanese Fusion Food Worth A Visit”

Ajisai Japanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ajisai Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,265 of 14,378 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The diverse and appealing menu underscores Ajisai's wish to have diners who try their food "get hooked" and become believers that Japanese fusion cuisine is the "new comfort food." Their food is excellent, presented beautifully,and servers are eager to please. There is a selection of special rolls that are quite unusual and a very good reason to visit this fine choice for a very good Japanese meal. The only negative to report is the traffic/siren noise from busy Ninth Avenue that at times was just a bit much.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

If anyone wished to delect one's tastebuds to refinement, one's skin to just the right temperature and humidity level of air conditioning, just the right blend of subtlety of ingredients to heighten one's arousal of culinary taste, and the adequate discretion of service so as not to disturb one's appreciation of the appropriate tea to drink with one's lunch, one should undisputably go to Asijai Japanese Restaurant in New York, whether at 795 Lexington Ave or at 615 9th Avenue. I chose a Japanese seaweed salad as entrée, the salmon and mango tartar as main course, and the gree tea ice cream for dessert, the whole with tea of course, and was delighted to find the exquisite delicatesse of Japanese ingredients in each part of my lunch. The peace in the restaurant was appreciated, as was the fact I didn't freeze whilst eating. I can definitely recommend this restaurant as one of the best in New York City. The whole for around 23 USD.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We are not big Japanese restaurant attendees but we will definitely return to Ajisai.
We ordered the gyoza (potstickers) for an appetizer, and the chicken teriyaki and shrimp tempera...all were excellent and ample portions. The entrees had fresh sauteed vegies underneath and the presentation was lovely. Entree prices were around $15...very reasonable. We sampled the sushi & maki rolls our friends ordered and they were delicious...even for non sushi eaters! The decor was contemporary and cosy with nice ambient lighting. All staff were Japanese. Service was never delayed and we truly enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Fresh, clean, great friendly staff, very moderately priced. Enjoyed the best dynamite roll I have ever had and some lobster rolls with gold flakes. Even the miso soup was so tasty!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was visiting NY with friends and we were looking for a place to eat. Just walked in to have some sushi and didn't have much expectations. However!!! It was one of the greatiest sushi experienses for all of us. I was talking about this restaurant all the time for over a year in my country, last year I was back in NY for a conference and it was the first place I went after arriving at the hotel. Next week I'm coming back to NY, and be sure I'm going to have lots of sushi there. Especially liked "Manhattan roll"....