“Must eat there every time I'm in NY.”

Ajisai Japanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ajisai Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,085 of 14,008 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was visiting NY with friends and we were looking for a place to eat. Just walked in to have some sushi and didn't have much expectations. However!!! It was one of the greatiest sushi experienses for all of us. I was talking about this restaurant all the time for over a year in my country, last year I was back in NY for a conference and it was the first place I went after arriving at the hotel. Next week I'm coming back to NY, and be sure I'm going to have lots of sushi there. Especially liked "Manhattan roll"....

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We dined here pre-theater this past week, at the 9th Ave/43rd st location. So many wonderful restaurants to choose from along 9th ave, but if sushi is what you have in mind- this is a great place. Very fresh fish and reasonably priced. We shared a variety of rolls. The best were the Fox Lady, Shrimp Tempura, and Wasabi rolls. The spider roll (soft shell crab) was overcooked. Service is efficient. Attractive, modern space.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I often look for a place to have casual sushi on the UES for lunch and have been disappointed in a lot of places. I was pleasantly surprised when I was walking on Lexington and saw this new restaurant. I like the menu, its very clean, the new style sashimi is my "go to" sushi lunch. I have been here about 5 times now including takeout. Will continue to go and try other items, some of their sushi "creations" I have not seen anywhere else. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Nice atmosphere, liked the modern decor. The selection was very good from sushi to cooked entrees. We got appetizers and sushi and all was perfect. The service is prompt.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

First sushi in New York and this place was great... We spent USD91 for three people and we were really full afterwards. We had mixture of Sashimi, Sushi and a few other dishes.

Staff was very helpful and atmosphere relaxed. We would definitely go back