“Pleasant addition to the UES”

Ajisai Japanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ajisai Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,921 of 13,754 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
New York City, New York
“Pleasant addition to the UES”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I often look for a place to have casual sushi on the UES for lunch and have been disappointed in a lot of places. I was pleasantly surprised when I was walking on Lexington and saw this new restaurant. I like the menu, its very clean, the new style sashimi is my "go to" sushi lunch. I have been here about 5 times now including takeout. Will continue to go and try other items, some of their sushi "creations" I have not seen anywhere else. Highly recommend.

• Visited June 2013

Houston, Texas
“Yummiest sushi”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Nice atmosphere, liked the modern decor. The selection was very good from sushi to cooked entrees. We got appetizers and sushi and all was perfect. The service is prompt.

Visited June 2013
Oskarshamn, Sweden
“Great food and service”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

First sushi in New York and this place was great... We spent USD91 for three people and we were really full afterwards. We had mixture of Sashimi, Sushi and a few other dishes.

Staff was very helpful and atmosphere relaxed. We would definitely go back

Visited June 2013
Waalwijk, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
“Delicious fresh sushi, well priced!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

After a day of shopping in NY we decided to just walk in here and have a late dinner. Surprisingly it wasn't very busy when we were there....because the food was amazing! Some waiters don't really speak good English, but we could communicate what we wanted so that was OK. The menu has some nice example pictures which makes it easier to choose. We shared a sushi roll as a starter and I had chicken with rice as a main course. My friend chose shrimps with mango which also tasted very good. Reasonable prices. Service a little bit too quick (main course was served while the plates from the starter were still on the table), but you don't hear us complain about this. We were very tired so we didn't mind. Don't expect to have an evening filling meal here and then you're OK :) We also saw many locals getting their food to eat at home.

• Visited May 2013
Hollywood, Florida
“Fresh and a great value!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was an absolutely great find. We stayed in Times Square, so it was a convenient, short walk. It is not a very big place, but we had no trouble getting a table on a Saturday evening. The sushi was really fresh, good quality, and the presentation was beautiful. Love the dynamite roll!! My only negative is I would have liked a little more varied wine list. I really want to like sake, but I just don't. I HIGHLY recommend this place for sushi.

• Visited April 2013