“A great Parisian bistro”
Review of Quatorze Bis

Quatorze Bis
Ranked #3,987 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
“A great Parisian bistro”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

They have a few must try dishes! If you like chicken livers they have an appetizer of chicken livers and sage and mushroom that my husband can't get enough of. Their chicory salad with lardon is out of this world as it should be. But the best dish is the grilled chicken. Not the roast (which is good) but their grilled chicken is so special. They marinate it for about 24 hrs and it has a terrific grilled taste with herbs and lemon and is something you will want to replicate. I have tried their beef Bourgogne and cassoulet and they a good, not great in my opinion for what I have had in Paris. The duck confit was better. Wine list is good if not a bit pricey like them all but they have a corkage fee if you want to bring your own (which we did). It has a good vibe and energy and is always crowded.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Desiree F

New York City, New York
“Hidden in Plain Sight”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have walked 79th Street on an off for 40 yrs and never noticed this gem.
Now hidden under some building scaffold it is even harder to notice but worth keep your eyes open for.
Obviously, all the locals have found it as it is hard to get reservations and when booking you may be notified what time you are expected to vacate the table.
No matter ,the food is good enough to want to scarf quickly and the service is New York fast.
When full you have ot be thin to walk between the tables.
A few street side tables for one looking for a cafe.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank venamo
MA
“One of our favourite NYC restaurants”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have eaten here a number of times and have never been disappointed. The food is wonderful, the service is excellent and the ambiance is warm. A little on the pricey side, but worth the splurge.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank CHMA
New York City, New York, USA
“Interesting Specials with Great Service ”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I live near this establishment and have passed it numerous times over the past 25 years. Yesterday I decided to have dinner there with my brother.
We ordered from the specials menu and were treated to a palate pleasing experience.

We had Poisson Soup which was a lobster/shrimp bisque with Gruyère, croutons.

We had a duck, pork, and sausage Confit which was tasty and well presented. The flavor was very nuanced, which added to overall excellence of the dish.
The service was perfect. It was attentive yet not overbearing.
I won't wait another 25 before returning.

1 Thank SerenityRock
NYC
“Great Food and Service for those with DEEP Pockets”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my first visit to Quatorze Bis as it was chosen by very well heeled friends. I'm not complaining about their choice as the food preparation was excellent and the service could not have been better. However, at $17.50 for a simple Bellini at brunch, I'll have to think a while before I return to this establishement.

• Visited April 2013