“Consistant solid performer.”

Quatorze Bis
Ranked #3,825 of 13,638 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
N Y C
“Consistant solid performer.”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

A local favorite, we have the found the food to be very good. Been there several times always accompanied by folks who have eaten there perhaps 30 times. They are even choosier than ,I so I know its consistent. My wife said it's the only place she would eat liver. Very tasty. My Beef Bourg. was very good. Their onion soup was a bit salty,often a failing in restaurant that have it on the menu. Their alcohol drinks were a little light. Good ambiance, with noise levels about average for this kind of NYC restaurant. Not a young peoples place,just a good place for bistro food. Make certain your credit card is not near it's limit.

• Visited February 2012
5 Thank nycjon

New York City, New York
“Nice French restaurant”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The place is very pretty - nice upscale bistro. Menu is basic French fare, but tasty. I ordered a skirt steak from the specials - medium rare - done very well. My wife had the roasted half chicken which was very juicy. The only downside is that everything is served with pommes frites and they don't say that on the menu (wife doesn't eat fries). The fries were good but I would've preferred rice or a potato.

The prices are reasonable for a nice UES restaurant. We got there early in the dinner service and it was pretty quiet but got to a nice hum quickly. The waitstaff was pretty attentive and patient with our change requests.

• Visited January 2012
4 Thank Mat R
Hillsboro Beach, Florida
“A fine restaurant. We had a good time.”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

New york place, no complaints. 2 with wine came to 112 pre-tip.

Visited November 2011
3 Thank coccinea
New York
“Need education in good service”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Lovely atmosphere, good food, service lacking. Felt rushed to make drink order when seated for a nanosecond. When I asked for white wine beyond the usual Chard, Pinot and S. Blanc, waiter plunked the brunch tablet in front of me. Had I been given some time I would have perused the bill of fare for the wine.

Bill came with a hand that scooped up my credit card without letting me peruse the charges. Unacceptable!

Can't argue with the quality of the food.

2 Thank RoseMarie226
“The food is very good - French but not...”
Reviewed May 25, 2010

The food is very good - French but not fancy. I also like the atmosphere but agree that it's generally an older crowd. At times the service can be snotty (just like being in Paris!).

2 Thank Drmomtravel