“Great place for the neighborhood”
Review of Le Bilboquet

Le Bilboquet
Ranked #798 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed October 27, 2012

If you have a passport and actually use it you will fit in with the clientele here. The Cajun Chicken is their signature dish, and rightly so.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

A bit of Paris uptown. Classic bistro food. Service can be iffy, depending upon how the staff sizes you up. LB is tiny, which adds to the charm but makes getting a table very difficult at times.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

we stopped in early without a reservation and were given a table in the center of the small restaurant. We had good wine and very solid food but the highlight was probably the entertainment. I can't say that I have been entertained more at many other restaurants. It's clear this place is a local treasure favored by regulars. We were strangers but never felt left out. From the interesting old couple in the corner to the bachelorette party, the night was filled with excitement and adventure. This is definitely what you would call a NYC hidden gem.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We went there on a Friday evening, and the music was so loud, it could have been a discotheque. Actually, since it was disco music from the 80's, it probably would have been fun to dance, but this is a restaurant, and there is no room to dance....Even though the food was very good, eating there was like punishment. I will, needless to write, never go back and never tell anyone to go there. Unless they want to be deaf and have a sore throat from yelling to their dinner companions.

1  Thank 836Danielle
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband, my dog and I turned up at Le Bilboquet one fine Saturday afternoon and we were quickly seated outdoors. Unlike other reviews, I cannot attest to rude waiters or a rude host but the service was definitely slow and there was a slightly snooty air about the waiters.
My husband had the chicken salad which was rather average and I had the Cajan chicken which made my taste buds jump for joy.
I would not describe this restaurant as an old fashioned French bistro (having lived in Western Europe I am qualified to form that opinion), more like an American mid tier restaurant. Would I recommend it? Yes, but only for the Cajan chicken.