“Delicious cuisine, but not worth the wallet hit”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sistina

Sistina
Reserve with OpenTable
Sistina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,834 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: 80th & 81st Sts.
Description: Sistina restaurant, one of the most highly rated Italian restaurants in New York City, has been impressing its sophisticated clientele for almost 30 years. Host/owner/chef Giuseppe Bruno, the Zagat Survey's "Host of the Year", is responsible for every aspect of his restaurant, from greeting his devoted patrons, to preparing special meals and dishes
upon request.
Huntington, New York
“Delicious cuisine, but not worth the wallet hit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife and I dined here on 12/22/2012 for her birthday. The restaurant was simply decorated. I would not call it romantic. Service was exceptional, as was the food. The menu, including specials, was quite varied with lots of choices. However, the cost of wine service was ridiculous! We own quite a nice cellar ourselves and always inquire about the availability of bringing our own wine. No outside wine was allowed. I was not surprised as they boast a 65,000 bottle wine cellar. After we were seated and settled in, I requested the wine list. Our waiter proceeded to bring over 4 "special" bottles on sale that night. Nice bottles indeed. But not one was less than $180. As I looked over the wine list, the price of bottles started at $82, and there were less than 5 choices, then went up drastically to $120 and beyond. My wife and I love wine, but I don't like being forced into outrageously expensive wine that was tripled in mark-up. Final cost, including tax and tip, $400. Never again!

• Visited December 2012

Miami, Florida
“Best food and service in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I visit this restaurant frequently. We always have a wonderful experience. We go at least once a month. The artichoke salad is my favorite as well as all their pastas. The service is excellent and attentive. Coming in to NYC and want a real experience in dining this is the place to stop and enjoy a good evening.

• Visited November 2012
Brooklyn, NY
“Very good food but at a price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Sistina is a small restaurant (about 25 tables) on the upper east side of Manhattan. It enjoys a certain standing with the well-heeled locals and it, indeed, is capable of turning out excellent, if standard, plates of food. The wine list is huge with most of the offerings in the very high range. Be wary of the waiter coming over with 5 bottles of wine and explaining how this one is excellent at only $850 and when you demur, he offers the next at “only” $250 and when I asked for one at $150, suggests the one that’s $180. One of the problems is the place does not have its own web site so you can’t check out the wine list before hand, but be persistent and insist on choosing from the list yourself. The meal started with a plate of delicious olives and bread followed by 3 small cups of soup, each one different and tasty. The risotto with white truffle was $120 a plate and we ordered 2 plates to be shared between the four of us. The table suddenly got very quiet as we oohed and aahed with every bite. The risotto was perfectly cooked and the truffle was fresh and enormously tasty. Two of us had the braised rabbit and they report it was superb. I had the wild striped bass , and, it too, was excellent. We ordered broccoli rabe for the table and it was cooked to perfection. We finished up with cappuccinos and ice cream. The total tab with tip, wine and meal was $890. The wine and risotto were $420 by themselves. It was a very good meal. Service was helpful and ok. The place was packed throughout the evening.

• Visited November 2012
Littleton, Massachusetts
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We saw reviews for Sistina over the past few years that were mixed. Raves and boos. The boos seem to be fixed. We had very attentive service (no surly waiters) and the food was phenomenally good. The gnocci were like no others. Very light and fluffy and filled with a smoked ricotta cheese. That cheese must have been smoking from the moment the milk came out of the cow. Wonderful ravioli filled with shrimp and broccoli. The were not the traditional round shape, but half moons, like Polish pirogi. Pricing was appropriate. Tons of wait staff and they did not just hang around. They were running the entire time. Our dinner was deliberately on the later side and the place was still hopping, though it did empty out a bit while we were finishing our dinner. No problem getting a reservation - called the day before.

Visited November 2012
Paris, France
“Simply the best italian in NY.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I have been to Sistina many times and this is the very best restaurant if someone is looking for authentic italian cuisine.
They have affordable great wines and their menu propose excellent specials.
The Team is very nice and professional.
With no hesitations this is the place to go.