“You're welcome!”

Hale and Hearty Soups--Lexington Avenue
Ranked #1,725 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Belleville, NJ
“You're welcome!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Ever try to find a 'reasonably' (i.e. cheap) meal on the upper East Side? I thought we had a better chance seeing G-d! until we saw the 'Hale and Hearty' sign beconing from across the street.

It was a rainy cool night and a big bowl of hot soup sounded just perfect! Inside, the accomodations were clean, the employees friendly and helpful. We were offered to sample the soups before purchasing - love that! You know what else I loved?! the lobster bisque!!! Creamy, sweet, unctuous ... was that a hint of brandy I tasted?! OMG, with a side a sour dough bread it was a perfect and inexpensive meal. My friend opted for Cream of Chicken and Corn which I could not resist tasting ... mmmm ... nice chunks of shredded chicken, sweetness of the corn, a little pepper kick. Delicious!

How have I not heard of this place before?! This is a chain with locations all over Manhattan. Lots of vegetarian options and the sandwiches all looked really good as well. They deliver and you can order online! For 'regular' flavor soups - Small $3.49 Medium $4.79 Large $5.79. Specials are about $1-2 more and well worth it

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Bloomingburg, New York
“Great Lunch Spot”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Found this restaurant by accident. Was looking for a place to eat and passed a delivery person with a labeled bag from Hale and Hearty. Decided to give it a shot. They had an assortment of soups, at least a dozen, a salad station, and sandwiches. The employees were very friendly and allow you to sample the soup before you purchase. They offer a combo: small soup and salad or 1/2 sandwich. Prices vary but are very reasonable for non canned soups and freshly made salads and sandwiches. Very limited seating, most business was by delivery men or carry out. The door was constantly opening and closing with both. One complaint: restroom is not available for customers.

• Visited April 2013
“Good hearty flavoursome soups”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Actually went to the Grand Central Terminal branch in the food court. I was rushing around trying to find dinner for my family since the kids were asleep at the hotel already. Since I wasn't too sure what was ok to get at the food court, I thought the soup would be a safe option. I am quite glad I found this place.

I got the chicken and corn bisque, and the chicken tortilla soup. They were packed full of chunky ingredients and were very tasty. I really like soup that's full and not a fan of the watery soup stuff since you end up having to eat alot of bread/rice/pasta on the side to feel full.

Since we were there on a very short holiday, naturally we would try all other meals, but the idea of eating here again during our trip was not off the list. Would eat here again if we visit NYC again.

• Visited April 2013
“Great Soups, great options for vegans”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

One of the best lentil soups I had. They have lots of vegeterian options, and unlike other places, they don't feel the need to shove cheese everywhere. They have avocado sandwiches, hummus sandwiches, beans/lentils/vegtables soups etc.

New York
“The soup was good......but $$$”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I had a soup and half a sandwhich combo for lunch when I visited NYC. I had tomato cheese soup which was good but a little heavy after awhile. The sandwhich was a chicken florentine with asiago cheese. The Sandwhich was really good when you dunked it in the soup. By itself it was very bland. They need to offer more variety of drinks but the place was cute and pretty clean.

• Visited September 2012