“a failed meal”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed October 2, 2012

To be seated without wait on a Saturday night in an UES restaurant is most atypical. Equally atypical was the quality of the meal. Friends have spoken highly of this unpretentious restaurant serving a basic Italian menu. Maybe my sister and I came on a bad night but our dinners bordered on awful. Our caprese salad was most unimpressive: mediocre mozzarella layered on top of bland tomato slices without a hint of oil or balsamic drizzle. My grilled snapper entree was flavorless and a bit dry. Also flavorless was my glass of montepulciano; my sister described it as "diluted." (It wasn't but truly lacked the siky plum-like fruit I have come to expect.) I will say that my pasta side dish was cooked al dente and had a decent oil and garlic toss. My sister's gnocchi, however, was nearly mush: not the soft, melt in your mouth gnocchi diners rave about, but an overcooked mush. And while she asked for bolognese sauce, her gnocchi was served with a cream sauce. While it was great to get seated at 7:30 pm without a reservation, and the waitstaff was pleasant, the meal failed. Luckily, prices are moderate.

1  Thank bigcitydiner
There are newer reviews for Pesce Pasta Tre

Reviewed December 9, 2011

The chicken rollatini was outstanding. Asked for spicy penni pasta and it was perfect. Great local restaurant.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 6, 2008

nice place, true trattoria style - limited menu - calamari linguine in ink sauce.. ++++

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook