“Elegant and Lovely”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed March 12, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a long, leisurely dinner at Due with close friends, and have nothing but good to share. Not only was our food amazing-- we ordered appetizers, entrees, dessert and wine and all were phenomenal-- but the staff was kind and courteous without being overly fawning. The atmosphere was intimate and warm without being too snooty. At the same time, it's evident that it was a popular place to be-- as the evening progressed, it absolutely became louder-- but I suppose this is just a testament to the great atmosphere of the place. We had a wonderful time, and I sure hope we are able to visit again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Due Restaurant

Reviewed December 29, 2011

My wife and a daughter enjoyed dinner on 12/27. We were very pleased with our visit. Friendly staff, helpful manager, and a good variety of selections. One of us had veal picatta and I had the veal with mushrooms. Another had the chicken dish with tomato sauce. We were very pleased with the food quality and one did not leave hungry. We started with the artichoke appetizer and the waiter added a third for us because the basic dish has 2 on it. He was quick to offer and this was one of several suggestions for the night. I wanted a Valpolicella repisso and the manager produced a good one at a great price(off menu). Why not go back ?

Reviewed November 21, 2011

It takes a lot of skill to produce an Italian meal of this poor quality, but Due managed it. The order placed is irrelevant since virtually every course is covered in the same gelatinous brown sauce (?) that acts to conceal (and succeeds) any flavor the ingredients might have in their own right. This is quite the worst meal I have been served for some time.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Don't go there, they are incredibly rude and bad food just made the night a total misery.

Don't bother asking for a manager as he made it very clear he doesnt give a crap,
I was a great customer because i liked the artichokes. I dragged my unhappy family (who hates the food and nursing home atmosphere) all the time just fir those artichokes, but the rudeness is unbelievable so i have to speak up.

We ought to support businesses that value their customers and who "actually do give a crap"

Reviewed December 30, 2009

great place to eat...great atmosphere...friendly staff...good wine list...the food...outstanding...no matter what one orders...even though I love to stick with my black fussili pasta with vegetables....i have never been there for dinner...always for late lunch...between museum visits and shopping..lol...and I find this restaurant a perfect place to *crash*...nobody rushes you...the waiter (always the same friendly guy when we go there) lingers in a corner..waiting for your next move...food is fresh and typical Italian and that is the reason why I take my Italian relatives to this restaurant when they come to visit from Europe...everything is perfect...from the bread on the table all the way down to the Espresso oh yes..and the Tiramisu....oh my>>>>>please do not hesitate to go