TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Lenox Hill
Neighborhood: Lenox Hill
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Canaletto is an old school Northern Italian restaurant. Nice menu choices. Good service and very good food. Atmosphere is pleasant.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (60)

Reviewed August 14, 2019

Have had the opportunity of joining friends for dinner on several occasions. The food and the service are always impeccable. Some dishes are somewhat expensive. For visitors, it worth the detour to have a meal there, however, might not go back two or three times a week.

Reviewed July 26, 2019 via mobile

The atmosphere is very pleasant and I recommend this place if you want to discuss with your friends because it's quiet. The prices are ... appropriate for Manhattan, so not low but not extremely high. We took the specials, sea bass and veal, and they were tasty. The only thing, the server was standing behind us and kept asking us if we're ok, etc so I felt a little rushed. We went there with friends to catch up and ended up leaving earlier than we intended because we finished eating too fast. Ok, I agree this should be a plus (very prompt service); I keep reading other people's complaints about bad service and not being noticed for an hour that I think I should probably not complain. So if you want to stay longer, get a coffee or an ice cream and finish your conversation. Otherwise , good tasty food and nice atmosphere.

Reviewed July 14, 2019

Food and service are generally good. But keep in mind that the actual prices are much higher than what is listed on the website. And some of the things listed on the menu outside are not on the actual menu. For dessert, they charged $10 for chocolate cake which was not very good and $15 for a bowl of berries. $15!!! The website says desserts are $5.50 each and the menu outside says $9. Not likely to return.

Reviewed June 25, 2019

I enjoyed it very much. I asked for their fish (halibut) but I just wanted it to be grilled, rather than their special. And it was done to perfection! The dessert was also very good (tiramisu)

Date of visit: June 2019