TripAdvisor
New York City
Post
Inbox
Search

“Great Food and Personable Staff”
Review of Canaletto

Canaletto
Ranked #3,548 of 16,847 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Lenox Hill
Neighborhood: Lenox Hill
Reviewed August 11, 2016

Had a great meal with friends. My lunch portion of the Lobster Salad was totally amazing. My husband had pasta with chopped sausage and our friend had swordfish....all wonderful. Our server Sammy was attentive and friendly. The two-hour lunch was relaxing in this chic place. We definitely will go back!

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (60)

Reviewed August 10, 2016

Lovely jewel across the street from Bloomingdales. Ask about the Risotto and even the old fashioned spaghetti and meatballs is good. Brought the family and the kids loved the Meatballs, the grown ups had chicken, and veal. Nice atmosphere.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 26, 2016

Had a very good meal again at Canaletto. Good service, nice décor. Recommend making a reservation as it is a favorite with locals. Reasonably priced upscale Italian for the Upper East Side. I think their pasta dishes are best, and their desserts are terrific. A very pleasant vibe, not too noisy. Good wine by the glass. My favorite restaurant for after a movie at Cinema 123. .

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

A neighborhood restaurant which offers great food and very good personal service!
This is not a "red sauce" Italian place, but everything we had was just right. I especially recommend their veal scallopini after you try their Salad Canaletto - When I get back to this area, I will definitely return to this marvelous little place.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 15, 2016

Very warm and friendly authentic Italian restaurant. We have been there both for lunch and dinner and have enjoyed both experiences. The neighborhood includes both Bloomingdales and the Roosevelt Island Aerial Tramway.

Date of visit: May 2016