“resonably priced Italian food on the Upper East Side...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Canaletto

Canaletto
Ranked #3,629 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Rochester, New York
“resonably priced Italian food on the Upper East Side...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I read some of the other reviews, but I will have to say our experience was nice. We had pasta bolonese, and Lasagne Bolonese - both excellent, and I really like the sauce. Before my meal I had a three bean salad, which was good, but way too many green beans and not enough white beans, just remember if you order this item, you may want to ask them to balance the beans for you. No dessert this time...maybe next time? Was pleased to be able to get right in, and to be treated very well.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank WineMeister

Dayton, Ohio
“Food was good, service was okay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

The last time I was at this restaurant I was with my uncle about ten years ago. He ate at Canaletto multiple times per week before he moved to florida a few years ago.

I visited a few days ago again. The food was good, the service was pretty good, and the prices were pretty reasonable for nyc.

Only surprise--the waiter brought out an extra dessert that we did not order. We told him that we didn't order it. He said "don't argue with me". We assumed it was on the house. We were a little surprised when it showed up on our bill.

• Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Great food but lousy waiters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I eat here often especially for weekend lunch....good prices. The lunch atomsphere is quiet and relaxing. The escarole soup and scallops r great... I put up with the waiters cause the food is so good.....the maitre d is nice.

2 Thank sallyandbaby
Chicago IL
“Not catering only to the in crowd”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

It's refreshing to go to a NYC restaurant that is welcoming if you're over 40. Good quality northern Italian food. The specials are good & the chopped salad excellent.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“less than average food for a ok price”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2009

less than average food for a ok price

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook