“A wonderful, reasonably priced brunch in a very pleasant restaurant on the Upper East Side.”
Review of Atlantic Grill

Atlantic Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Atlantic Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,373 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Between 76th and 77th Streets
Transit: 6 train to 77th Street and the M103 bus.
Description: With two restaurants in New York City - on the Upper East Side and at Lincoln Center - and one in Atlantic City, Atlantic Grill is a luxury liner on land, an urban seafood brasserie where nautical decor meets old world charm. Atlantic Grill masters American seafood and showcases a refined raw bar, sushi and signature BR Guest Hospitality. Enjoy oyster, clam and shellfish selections that change daily and, and market-fresh fish available simply grilled a la carte or as composed entrees. Experience Atlantic Grill down the shore at Caesars Atlantic City Hotel & Casino, with Surf & Turf, Simply Grilled selections, and fresh New England fare, all with a breathtaking view of the beach and boardwalk.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

A wonderful, reasonably priced brunch in a very pleasant restaurant on the Upper East Side. Great staff. We took out-of-town friends here and they were impressed. Also allows reservations which is a godsend for brunch in NYC – none of that waiting in line for 2 hrs for brunch. Perfect. We had the table for 3 hrs and the staff were very accommodating and never asked us to leave. I had delicious Crab Cake Eggs Benedict and the desserts looked amazing too – the banana tower looked amazing. I will be back.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Atlantic Grill on Manhattan's East Side consistently affords its customers consistently great food and great service. The food is fresh, excellently prepared and the atmosphere is fantastic.

I recommend this restaurant to all.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Although the Atlantic Grill was very busy last Friday night we had a reservation and were shown to a booth after waiting only a few minutes. The food was delicious; the tuna cooked to perfection, and the shrimp tacos light and tasty. Our waiter had great timing and the service was excellent.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently had brunch here to celebrate a friend's birthday. The food was execellent, the service good, and the atmosphere festive. The dinner menu is pricy, but the brunch is a good value which has many selections and includes a brunch cocktail, e.g., mimosa, bloody mary, bellini. One negative is that the restaurant is almost alway full and can get very noisy.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Let me offer a pet peeve at the start before I launch into a very favorable review of Atlantic Grill. I dined there on Friday night with two other dining companions, both of whom had their hearts set on swordfish after perusing the menu. Although our waiter did a very nice job of describing the evening's specials, he failed to mention that they weren't serving swordfish. So, when he returned to take our orders, he faced two very disappointed diners who had no time to reconsider. Only then did he note that they were serving mahi-mahi instead which both of my companions felt pressured to order. Which they did. And which they liked. But, please, please, a word of advice to all waitstaff: it is as important to inform diners about what is off the menu as it is to present the specials. But onto the food at Atlantic Grill:

Let me begin by commending the responsiveness of the reservation staff. Originally, we booked an 8 pm reservation but called around 5 in the (usually misbegotten) hope of securing an earlier reservation. At that time, they were fully booked but surprisingly called us at 6 when a 7:30 table became available. We took it. Most shocking to us, as we have dined there often, was that we were seated at the exact moment of our reservation. That has never happened before as Atlantic Grill is always quite busy and bustling and probably engages in the airline practice of overbooking.

Ok, now I'll talk about the food:

As mentioned above, my two dining companions ordered grilled mahi-mahi which was prepared expertly and to everyone's satisfaction. The accompanying potatoes and broccolini also were prepared well (that is, with appropriate texture). I ordered the crispy skin Scottish salmon with risotto and I, too, was pleased. Each piece of fish was flaky and flavorful. To top off our meal. we ordered the banana ice cream tower (bananas and banana ice cream stuffed into a carmelized pastry tower swimming in marshmellow chocolate sauce. It is as good as it sounds!)

All in all, it was a very good dining experience for me and my dinner guests; our bill, with a glass of wine per guest and the shared dessert, was $50 a person with tip. That is an outstanding value for high quality fresh seafood in NYC. And that has been true every time I have dined at Atlantic Grill.