“Consistently Great!”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We walk over to Beyoglu whenever we're finished with the Met or Guggenheim or the Asia Society or the National Academy of Art, all of which are nearby. Our favorite order is an appetizer platter of hummus, yogurt, etc, followed by grilled swordfish, washed down with a bottle of prosecco, and finished with a cappuchino. Service is fast and friendly. Atmosphere is cozy in winter. In summer they open up the walls and set up tables outside. You won't find a better value in Manhattan.

2  Thank mikeandbarb
There are newer reviews for Beyoglu

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Find a third because you can't get a reservation with two. Order the Iskander Kebab, a bottle of Angora, and baklava. The service is great. There is nothing bad to say about this place. The prices are great, too!

9  Thank Bigfoot1981
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I took my children ages 10 and 13 here after an afternoon at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It was sleeting so I opted for a cab ride. That was a reasonable $5. Otherwise, we would have hoofed it. I've been to Israel, Jordan and Greece so I'm fairly familiar with middle eastern food. We ordered traditional foods: hummus, chicken with rice pilaf, dolmas (stuffed grape leaves), stuffed phyllo dough with feta cheese, etc. The only surprise were the dolmas were seasoned with cinnamon, pine nuts and raisins so they were on the sweet side. The waitress mentioned this, however it didn't sink in as my kids were obsessing about their first snow. We devoured everything. For three people including sodas/coffee for me the total was $43 plus tip.
Service was very friendly and quick. Food quality very good. My only comment was they brought everything out at once. Also, I like my hummus drizzled with olive oil so I asked for some and was promptly accomodated. I'd love to go back and try some of the other Turkish items. The restaurant came across as very authentic.

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was mentioned on the Lonely Planet but actually is not so good. the meat is not excellent and the all courses are not so fresh. I wouldn t go there again.

1  Thank NicoleMaggio
Reviewed November 23, 2012

For us from Croatia it was very "domestic" atmosphere. It felt more of an ex-Yugoslavia rather than Turkish restaurant. The staff is more than friendly, they come from all over ex-Yu, so their recommendations for dishes were excellent. Great place to have lunch and ideal for families.