“It's chaos”

Neighborhood: Upper East Side
New York City, New York
“It's chaos”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Once again, I'm getting tired of dining in places that are so loud you can't hear what's being said by people talking at your own table. The noise at this restaurant was deafening. The service was fast and without charm. The atmosphere makes you want to eat and run. The food is good, but it's really hard to enjoy it when you can't hear anything. Why do people scream so much in restaurants these days? This is not a place for a relaxing meal and I won't return.

• Visited June 2013

Waterbury, Connecticut
“Really good Mexican”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The food here was really wonderful, the place had good atmosphere, and the prices were decent. It is very nicely decorated for a Mexican restaurant, the staff was friendly and the service was good and quick. The menu is quite extensive with lots of variety and something for everyone.

• Visited May 2013
Woodstock, NY
“Maz Mezcal is the best Mexican Restaurant in the Upper East Side!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Maz Mezcal is the best Mexican Restaurant in the Upper East Side vicinity of New York City one can dine at. My girlfriend who lives in the Upper East Side restaurant suggested this restaurant and I’m proud of her for doing so.

That early evening of Thursday, March 21st, 2013 we walked a few blocks to this elegant eatery with its red cloth exterior and a beautiful light blue and pink interior. We were cordially greeted by the staff and escorted to a nice table located underneath the second of three well-detailed paintings of watermelons hanging on a scenic light blue wall. Since we arrived early in the evening at the restaurant on a Thursday, we were the only customers there. This restaurant gets very crowded on the weekends: Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Our waiter was very helpful and very accommodating when he answered my questions and concerns about the combination plate I wished to order and far as spiciness level and if peppers were included. I ordered the following combination plate entree: three enchiladas: one with filled with chicken, one with fish and one with beef. This dish also came with a taco filled with ground beef, and side portions: yellow rice, peas, shredded lettuce and some refried beans with some cheese melted on top. Therefore, I ordered that scrumptious entree. My girlfriend had the two enchiladas entree with red sauce which also looked savory.

Suffice to say, I ate every portion on my orange plate until it was completely cleared off. Convenient enough to please your average dishwasher. I enjoyed every bite while tasting the red sauce covered enchiladas, beef-filled taco, beans with cheese and the additional portions available. My girlfriend loved her entree as well. Therefore, we were pleased with the culinary delights prepared and cooked by the chefs of Maz Mezcal.

This restaurant is an ideal establishment for couples to wine and dine in as far as the decor, service, and high-quality of the cuisines are concerned. The combination entree I ordered cost $23-$24 and the two enchilada entree cost $16-$17. However, that is to be expected when dining in the Upper East Side area of Manhattan and NYC in general. Ideal for those willing to rise to the occasion for a savory meal at an excellent Mexican Restaurant.

After the lovely dining my girlfriend and I experienced at Maz Mezcal, I would eat here again when we’re both in the mood for a Mexican entree fix. Gracias, staff at Maz Mezcal!

• Visited March 2013
New York, NY
“Muy Bueno!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Food, atmosphere, prices was great. We did have to wait because we didn't have a reservation, but it was PHENOMENAL mexican food. Plentiful portions, we all left feeling full the gills.

Highly recommended. Friendly staff, wonderful place. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Little Mexico in the neighbourhood!!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Seems like a very popular neighbourhood joint in the Upper East Side - and now I know why! Went there for dinner one evening and came out stuffed as a pig and happy as a clam! The décor is colourful, service is very friendly, food is great (portions are huge) - perfect combination for a good evening. We ordered a chicken dish and a paella! Both were fantastic! The margarita looked small but was very potent and the recommendation of tequila was excellent too. The meal including drinks for 2 adults and a child costed us approx. USD 100, but no complaints whatsoever. This place seems to be very popular with families and the staff is attentive to the kids. That - and the great service and food is enough to make me go back there! If you happen to be in the neighbourhood or visiting the Museum Mile, Maz Mezcal is worth the short walk away...:)

• Visited January 2013