“Outstanding”

Caravaggio Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Caravaggio Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,989 of 14,130 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Madison Avenue
Reviewed December 31, 2011

My wife and I and three teens visited here as a special New Year's Eve trip. I really have nothing to add to other reviews on the list. The service was outstanding and near perfection. The food was unique, tasty and beautifully presented.

1  Thank Medas2005

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Absolutely delicious food, attentive, fabulous, friendly service. I don't even like Italian restaurants and I loved this place. They unexpectedly bring you small samples of appetizers and desserts that were out of this world. Not cheap, but well worth the price.
I'd bring friends and business associates here for sure.

1  Thank cynthiarmstrong
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We loved our dinner. Very elegant, classy and classic. Staff, chef and owner all hail from Italy. The olive oil comes from their own vines and production in Italy. Great menu, could've chosen anything on the menu and been happy. Hard time deciding. Superior wine list. We will go back.

2  Thank travler153
Reviewed November 23, 2011

My daughter and I searched for restaurants near the apartment where we were staying. We chose Carvaggio in part due to the reviews on TripAdvisor. We add our kudos to other reviews. From the moment we walked in, the staff provided superb customer service. From the first sip of wine to the last morsel of tiramisu, we relaxed and enjoyed a wonderful evening of dining and conversation. The staff was attentive but did not interrupt too often. Highly recommend!!!!!!!

2  Thank Cricket1955
Reviewed November 23, 2011

The octopus appetizer and the small portion of scallops were sublime. The main course portion of scallops was an excellent choice but my husband was not as enthusiastic about the boar. We loved the profiteroles with chocolate sauce and the waiter recommended grappa as an after dinner drink. This was an outstanding discovery. The setting is very comfortable and the service is top notch.

1  Thank Phoebe059