“Eat like you are in Italy”
Review of Il Vagabondo

Il Vagabondo
Ranked #1,760 of 13,678 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Winter Park, Florida
“Eat like you are in Italy”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband and I had a delicious meal at Il Vagabondo earlier this week. I'm half Italian so I'm rather picky about eating in Italian restaurants. But this one was excellent. I felt like I was in Italy because of the staff, quality of the food/wine, and service. This is old world Italian and reminded me of my late grandfather who would have fit right in and played a game of bocce ball. We started with the fennel/orange salad which honestly could have used a little more of both. But the entrees were superb. The wine tasted like wine we've had in Italy. And, lastly, the tirimisu was the best I've ever had. We felt welcomed the moment we stepped in the restaurant and were thanked more than once for just being there.

• Visited December 2013

NJ
“Old world Italian-American...”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Recently had drinks, dinner and played bocce at this iconic spot on the upper east side. The drinks are good and the food was good but not great. They are and Italian-American restaurant with an old world menu - good veal dishes and some interesting specials. If you are in the neighborhood it's worth a visit.
The staff is friendly but the servers are not Italian albeit they position themselves that way! The bartender likes to talk and you are obligated to listen...hahaha!
It's nice Italian-American cuisine veal parm etc.!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank JAR103
New Vernon, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well Done on Top”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

That's the way to order your veal parm! Still, after all these years, a great stop for southern italian classics. And prices, continue to be "reasonably reasonable". The minestrone is an excellent way to begin. There's a lot said by the ability to still thrive after more than 50 years!

Visited October 2013
Sydney, Australia
“What a surprise”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Met my cousin in NYC and she took us to Il Vagabondo for dinner. What a surprise.
The meal, decor, service and ambience were all beyond my expectations, from my first impression as we pulled up in the taxi. We had a great meal before moving on for dessert. A great first experience of NYC. The waiters were very friendly and willing to give advice about the restaurant and the city. When we return to NYC, this restaurant will be first on the list.

• Visited November 2013
Sachse, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Life changing!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have told my husband everyday that I want to go back to Manhatten just to eat at Il Vagabondo. The veal parmagian melted in our mouths, and the mannicotti was the best! Our "bocce ball" ice cream dessert was a treat! I can't wait to return to Manhatten and Il Vagabondo!

Visited September 2013