“Overpriced”

Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lenox Hill
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am of Italian descent, born & raised in NYC and I would never go back here again simply because it is way overpriced. Don't get me wrong, everything was delicious, but simply not worth what it cost. There are hundreds of better options in NYC with equivalent quality at much more reasonable prices. In addition, the dining room is dark & cramped. I lost count of how many times a server bumped into my elbow as they were passing by. The tab came to over $300 (with tip) per couple and we picked an inexpensive bottle of wine (which was excellent).

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank LI_Tony
Write a reviewReviews (252)

Reviewed July 13, 2019 via mobile

Although it’s in the basement, it’s a great Italian restaurant favored by the locals. Ravioli with bolognese is fantastic.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank bhavenfamily
Reviewed June 19, 2019 via mobile

It all works here in this dark basement Italian restaurant, until the check comes.

Enjoy the fabulous ambience, the waiters from Albania, the excellent food and the strong wine list.

Take in the scene - shady stock manipulators, “uncles” with their young female “cousins,” corrupt local politicians. That part is all free!

Sure - it’s expensive and it’s hard to figure out what you’re paying for. Otherwise - 5 Stars

Reviewed June 15, 2019 via mobile

It is a hot bunker, very noisy, expensive, dirty bathroom. Owner on top of you . Food normal. Invoice impossible to understand

2  Thank peulot d
Reviewed June 8, 2019

This was a surprise. Finding a resturant what is closest thing to a basement location as possible. In spite of that the place was packed and loud. Tables were cramed as close as possible. Service was very attentive and the food was good. The only issue I had was that I ordered a glass of wine at $25.00 and it came out very hot. When I asked on of the servers to cool it down he replied "you want it cold". His response surprised me and at that point I realized that he was the wrong person to be serving wine. After reading my own review I would not go back.

2  Thank Craig D