“Average place”

Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Riverside
“Average place”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The drinks were weak and it took nearly 45 mins for two cups of chili...which we later cancelled after being told it would be at least another 30 mins or so. I was saddened that it wasnt a better place because it looks like it as potential!

Visited October 2012

New York City, New York
“Great neighborhood bar, with very friendly service.”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I go to McAleer's quite often. It is an old New York bar verging on its 60th birthday. It looks 60 years old, and could probably use some renovation. HOwever there are tons of televisions and great for sporting events. For a pub it actually has some of the best food in the neighborhood and the burgers are fantastic. I like they run a monthly beer special also that usually goes for $4 a pint. Have about a dozen beers on tap also. Great place just to grab a beer and meet with friends in a good neighborhood.

• Visited March 2012
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Not bad for a quick bite”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stopped in here after a long walk south and decided that we were too hungry to keep going to Zabar's. It was almost completely empty when we arrived, and listening to the waitress indicated that she was putting on a fake Irish accent for our benefit. The food was decent "Irish pub" fare, though my fish was served so hot that I had to let it cool for way longer than I was happy before I could take a bite without scalding my tongue.

• Visited December 2011
New York City, New York
“It is a bar people and the Burgers are great”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I have been here numerous times and have had burgers to salads. It is a bar and is basically a sports theme. The burgers very good and the prices are a great value. I have had a very good salad here last week. The buffalo wings are fantastic also. I would say the food as bars go is very much a cut above. I saw a review suggesting "I should have gone to a steak house" well . . . it is not a steak house. . . It is a sports bar! A good place to watch a game and get good food for a great value.

• Visited December 2011
Dallas, Texas
“Great service-AC out-miserable heat”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

This joint was NOT ready for NYC heat wave. Service pleasant, beer was warm, little wine selection. Chicken sandwich was good, Rueben was a bit soggy, but not bad. Heck, the heat wasn't the server's fault, but she was a good sport. Avoid until mid-August or September.

• Visited July 2011