“Enjoyable lunch”
Review of Nice Matin

Nice Matin
Reserve with OpenTable
Nice Matin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #729 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 79th Street
Transit: 1,9 tr79th and Broadway.ain to
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I love the city on holidays because the crowds disappear- hence a delicious lunch at Nice Matin with no hassles. We were greeted by a nice waitress who was patient and accomodating.
Wine:
Bottle of New Zealand sauvignon blanc from their vast wine list which went very well with our meal.
Appetizers:
Asparagus bruschetta with a pistachio pesto and an egg on top- great dish
Pommes Frites
Entrees:
Crab Cobb Salad- big chunks of crab - well presented
Breaded Sole Milanese-also very good.
My husband had the blueberry crips for dessert. It was fresh, not too sweet.
I can see that Nice Matin is good for lunch, brunch, or dinner. Will add to my list of "return to spots".

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I enjoyed Nice-Matin's brunch so much the first day that I went there that I went back the next day. The menu has a full range of light to heavier selections, including fruits, cold, and warm plates. The staff was very quick to wait on us and return to refill waters and coffees. The atmosphere is retro, situated in the funky pink Hotel Lucerne. There are many outdoor tables and, even on a warm Saturday morning when the cafe was full, there were still spots to sit outside, which I thought was great. I'd return the next time I'm in New York!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have now eaten at Nice-Matin three times on our current visit to New York and for good reason. Nice-Matin hits the spot in so many ways. Pleasant and helpful servers; a small but well chosen menu; a wonderful selection of drinks and a famous wine list that looks like a telephone directory. Looking around the crowded restaurant last night there were people from all kinds of backgrounds and ages, and this is something that speaks volumes about the restaurant's appeal. Plenty of young couples, family groups; people with children; a few tourists. My appetiser, a tuna tartare with avocado, was stunningly good and my main dish - a five napkin hamburger with fries, bearnaise sauce etc- was excellent too. Alcoholic drinks are reasonably priced although the extraordinary wine list is for dreaming about only - unless you can drop several hundred (or thousand) dollars on one of the labels

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Busy, slightly worn, this is a reasonably priced French Bistro that serves decent food at decent prices. Nicely located, the service is fair, and the drinks are better. It is very much a local place and pleasant without being exceptional

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our table was not ready so we sat at the bar and enjoyed the best whiskey sours in NYC. Plan for a crowded room and noise, but this is typical New York. The meal was very well prepared and has a mix of Europe and the Middle East. I recommend the sweet pea risotto with a hint of mint and the escargot for appetizers. The veal with marsala wine sauce and the Tuscan chicken are good choices for entrees. Portions are large so go hungry.