“Wonderful Bit of Vienna on NY's Upper East Side”
Review of Cafe Sabarsky

Cafe Sabarsky
Ranked #37 of 452 Dessert in New York City
Cuisines: Austrian, Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've now eaten at Cafe Sabarsky 4 or 5 times, and will be back again for sure. Lovely atmosphere (within the Neue Galerie), fantastic menu with Viennese classics, good service, realistic prices, just all in all a wonderful experience.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

One of the few atmospheric cafes in NYC. The cakes are good and expensive. A few limited main courses too. Wish they expanded the menu a bit.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The is such a great, quaint place. The dark wood walls give the room such a warm, inviting feel. We really came for the desserts but we ordered a cream pasta dish that was so delicious! It ended up being my favorite thing. Also had the sachertorte which was good, not too sweet or heavy and the apple strudel which was also good, not amazing. My coffee was not very good, but my friends was better so maybe I didn't order well. Anyway cafe sabarsky is such a unique gem, it will definitely be one of my favorites when I am visiting the city.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Popped in on the way to The Met. Only for drinks and cake.
Having lived in Austria and visited Vienna on several occasion it was a great moment of nostalgia walking into this Cafe. It truly feels like a Kaffeehaus in Vienna, minus the rude staff thankfully.
Ordered Melange and 'Vienna 1900' Tea. Coffee was good, tea was a bag = disappointing (especially as it was served in a teapress, which had all the tea set inside the filter).
We had the Quark cake with fruit, Tasted lovely but had been frozen and wasn't thawed entirely (fruit was still ice cold and biscuit base was rock hard).
So what to make of it?
I guess I would go again .... they have an amazing selection of Austrian pastries and cakes.
Maybe the rating will go up then.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

we were not expecting such a good experience at a museum cafe. What a pleasant and mouth watering surprise. We waited in line for about 10 minutes and were then seated. The food was delicious.We would give very high marks to the strudel-yum! There was a bit of a glitch. The manager appeared, apologized, and comped our dessert. Highly recommended.