“birthday choice”
Review of La Mirabelle

La Mirabelle
Reserve with OpenTable
La Mirabelle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,956 of 14,285 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed January 8, 2014

great French food in a comfortable, neighborhood restaurant. we enjoyed the service and the wine, celebrating a relaxing birthday evening

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Who doesn't want their Christmas Eve dinner to be special? My wife and I did so we returned after several living out of the city to a sure bet. It's one of our very favorite french restaurants we seek out when we're in need of a real treat. The food is as flawlessly prepared as you could get for the $$. You can pay a lot more in Manhattan for a great meal, but why give your money away on a Big Name when you can have the best for a very reasonable cost? It has the flavor of a neighborhood bistro…but it's more than that. The service is polite, fast and pleasant. I ordered Beef Wellington. What can I say? I hardly needed a knife…it melted in my mouth it was so tender. Shall I mention that the portion is large enough to eat your fill at the restaurant and then have enough to take home for another award-winner of a dinner. My wife ordered sweetbreads and proclaimed them excellent. If I carried blue ribbons around with me, I would have proudly given the server, chef and the hostess my medal of thanks.
Go. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We were a party of nine and yet they accommodated us with a large round table. The service was delightful,helpful but not overbearing. The cassoulet special was delicious as were all our fish dishes. And the prices were reasonable for NYC. Would definitely return.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We visit NYC every two years for a meeting and this is our third visit to this lovely restaurant. What brought us here to begin with? The name! Mirabelle is a plum type fruit indigenous to the Alsace-Lorraine area of France and as being very familiar with the fruit, I had to try it out! Not disappointed would be an understatement as it is the same experience each time. The staff is French and there is a certain attitude, mood and elegance that is part of the scene. The menu? Tres Francais, and a very nice variety. There is only one dish that features Mirabelles - and that is a duck creation. It would be very nice if one of the desserts was a Mirabelle tart! On the wine menu was a bottle of brut called Mirabelle and it was excellent! We will return for sure!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

La Mirabelle provided our best meal on this trip, and judging by the rest of the diners it's popular with locals, from a couple celebrating an anniversary to a couple of birthday celebrations. The soups to start (mushroom and French onion) were very good. I had the duckling roti (half a bird, nice because you get a breast along with the leg and thigh) with a honey glaze and veggies, my wife had the sole meunière. Both were excellent. The fish and the duck were perfectly cooked and not overpowered by sauces. The profiteroles for dessert were tasty but a little dense, while my wife enjoyed the chocolate mousse. Both the wines were above-average. It's not inexpensive, but not outrageous either -- a good special occasion restaurant.

1  Thank jfuquay