“Adorable.”

Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Yes it is as cute as it appears in the movie. The server was a sweetheart and the red velvet cake was to die for. Awesome place to go on a lovely evening when they open the windows. Love!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I enjoyed the waffle I had when I was there. That regrettably was about the only thing I enjoyed. The mocha I had was less than satisfactory, as was the hazlenut torte I had. I didn't finish either one. Also very distracting was the incredible noise of the place. It was extremely loud and hard to bear.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We used to live in NYC and this place was our favorite place to stop by for desert and coffee and 20 years later, everything was still same. We enjoyed drinking coffee with having a slice of cheese cake, such a romantic and spending a nice afternoon. I must say, desert is not as good as other bakery but we still love this place, If it's too crowed, it gets to be noisy and definitely not a romantic place but it's a great place for a couple.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Cafe Lalo is a lovely little place, cute & pretty with a nice atmosphere. We visited twice for evening drinks - the first time it was really quiet, had a great table and a very nice margarita! Friendly staff. The second time was 2 days later and really, really busy. Much less enjoyable and very noisy! I guess it depends when you go - if it's quiet it's an absolute pleasure and a lovely experience - and would be a good date venue - when busy it's still good, but it's very different experience.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I love deserts! If I have to choose between a meal and desert I would go for desert. These deserts and pretty to look at but lack in texture and taste. We were a group of five and no one was impressed with what they picked. Cute locale but not the best deserts.