“Love it!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Malecon Restaurant

El Malecon Restaurant
Ranked #3,010 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Wodonga, Australia
“Love it!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

This place is the first Latino food I had in the US, there was alot to live up to after this trust me, they are Dominican and they are awesome!! You must have the Chicken..... Thanks guys!!

Visited February 2013

Brooklyn
“If you like chicken...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had dinner with some friend the other night at El Malecon. As soon as you walk in, the smell of the rotisserie chicken hits you. The taste does not disappoint. This stuff is the real deal. Delicious.
The sangria and salad all made the dinner an experience that I will return for.
You could bottle the smell of that chicken. Yum!

• Visited September 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mariscos Combinados!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

OK, El Malecon is obviously El Rey del Pollo, but sometime, get together and treat yourselves to their heaping, succulent seafood paella for around $35.

• Visited November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Let me be the first to stay that no Dominican restaurant will ever beat my mom's cooking, but this was pretty good. My girlfriend wanted to try some authentic Dominican food so we gave this a shot. The chicken was pretty good, had the white rice with red beans (habichuelas) and tostones. Also had a couple of Presidente which is incredibly hard to find in DC. Girlfriend had some grilled chicken breast with white rice and red beans. The portions were huge, so big that we had left overs and decided to give it to a homeless person up the street. I tore the chicken up tho, there was nothing left.

Great value too, 2 beers, a ginger ale and 2 orders of white rice/beans, half a chicken and grilled chicken for $40 (including tip). NOT BAD.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank domrep122
Huntington Beach, California
“My New Favorite Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I were just going for a walk when I spotted this restaurant. I grabbed a menu (which I always do when I'm out for a walk while visiting the city) and proceeded to pour over it. I love trying different ethnic foods, so we decided to have dinner there with our daughter. None of us were very hungry at the time, so we picked the mixed grill to share, along with a plate of platanos maduros and a crispy pork mofongo. My husband also ordered the fish soup. Everything was excellent! There was so much food, we happily struggled to finish it! Two days later we went back for breakfast - I ordered a plantains and Spanish sausage omelet and thought I died and went to heaven! It was the BEST! As it was our last day in NYC, we decided to go back there for dinner. We shared the fish soupy rice and one of the daily specials, pernil. Again, so much food, excellent eats! This has now become a "must go-to" restaurant whenever I'm back in the city, especially since there are so many items I need to try!

• Visited May 2013