“Nice place for a quiet dinner”

Scaletta Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Scaletta Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,350 of 13,823 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Columbus Ave
Transit: 1,9 79th St and B,C at 81st St
New York City, New York
“Nice place for a quiet dinner”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Went here for a girls night dinner after we found a Restaurant.com certificate for it. It is much larger than I expected, particularly for a basement level restaurant. We went on a Monday night so it was fairly empty and very quiet, excellent for conversation. It felt very high end but the prices were very reasonable for a good meal in NYC. Entrees vary from about $12 for pasta to $30 for meat/seafood dishes. There was also a fairly extensive wine list with a variety of price options. As two ladies in our mid-twenties I can say we were the youngest people in the restaurant but I was pleased that we were treated with the same respect and pleasantness as all other patrons, which does not always happen at more upscale places. I had the mushroom risotto as my meal and it was delicious and the homemade desserts on the wooden cart were tempting but I couldn't eat another bite. Overall it was a lovely meal and I think it would be a great place for a date, business dinner or a quiet evening with friends.

• Visited September 2012

new york
“This is an older person's restaurant”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Not trendy. Tables are well-spaced so that adds to the price tag. Sort of old school Italian. Not especially memorable. More of a country club feel than I seek.

• Visited October 2011
Alamo, California
“next to the museum of natural history”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

very reasonably priced and excellent food, service and atmoshere

Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Sophisticated food in elegant surroundings”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We really liked this restaurant which we found through Trip Advisor. Great service, the waiter explained some of the dishes to us and was friendly and attentive. We started with deep fried crab followed by lamb for me and fish for my friend. Both came up hot with delicious vegetables. I had a tangy lemon semi fredo for desert. What i liked about this restaurant is that the portions are European size, so you don't feel stuffed after the starters.
The decor is sophisticated and the atmosphere is young and happening. Would be better for dinner than lunch and great for a date.

Visited May 2012
New York, NY
“Lovely, lovely restaurant”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Lovely restaurant, wonderful food, and quiet enough that one can actually talk (not yell) to the other people in your dinner party.

• Visited May 2012