“I went back expecting things could not have been as good as my last visit”
Review of Mughlai

Mughlai
Ranked #7,232 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 75th Street
Transit: 1,2,3 to 72nd street & Broadway A,B,C to Central Park West & 72nd Street
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I was wrong! The staff recalled my last showing, gave us a great table,and when we asked for items not on the menu, pulled out all stops to make them happen. I'm keen on vegitable curry dishes, and when I asked for specialty items, they simply said, 'No Problem". This place is in a great location, and there are no airs when ordering.
I had a great reunion with this restaurant, and Iplan to go back. We had a grouping of 9 for this visit, and staff quickly re-did seatingso everyone was happy.

1  Thank AmericaOverEasy
There are newer reviews for Mughlai

Reviewed November 28, 2011

We had a great dinner here. I had a chicken dish, very flavorful with good medium spiciness. My husband asked for his shrimp to be made mild and it was perfect for him. Presentation was lovely. A variety of staff checked with us to see if everything was going well. And we got a front row seat to the fascination flow of pedestrians on the Upper West Side. We consider this a good enough meal that we would go out of our way to get here again.

1  Thank beadil
Reviewed October 28, 2011

On visit to the city last year, we walked up to a couple standing on the corner and asked them where we could find a goo Indian restaurant on the UWS. Without hesitation they said we should go to Mughlai. We did, and we didn't regret it.

This year, when we visited New York again, we made sure to go back. We were not disappointed. The food was as good as we remembered, the service was excellent, and the price were just a little above moderate.

If you are staying anywhere in the UWS (Beacon Hotel, Lucerne, Oh The Ave. Excelsior, etc.) be sure to make Mughlai one of your places to eat.

1  Thank 1Wichita
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Very average but we eat a lot of Indian food in England so we don't know if it's just that this was different. I had a chicken sag which had no sauce - just chicken done in spices with lots of spinach. Service was good. Not cheap.

1  Thank mirandayork
Reviewed October 10, 2011

As a Travel Writer, I spend a great deal of time 'eating out' and I often enjoy staying in New York at the Beacon Hotel, because I can cook for myself and the famous fresh-food Fairway Market is a short strool across Broadway.
Then, I discovered, MUGHLAI where the Indian food is strictly top-shelf, without having to dig deep into mortgage money for a meal. I can host friends and family in this place, ask for special order attention, and get back smiles and meals that surpass other Indian offers I've attempted. Look around when you visit: The 'locals' love this relaxed spot, and the menu delivered tongue-teasing magic. If you want an Indian taste treat when you're in NYC, head uptown to Mughlai and tell "Naseem' the Australians sent ya. Mark Sheehan, author of "America Over Easy!"- The Know BEFORE you go guide to the USA.

3  Thank AmericaOverEasy