“Great dinner with family and friends”
Review of Bello Giardino

Bello Giardino
Ranked #4,914 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Was visiting home for the weekend and my sisters and I joined a friend for dinner. He noticed Bello Giardino on his way to pick us up, and we all decided it would be fun to try something new. We were so glad we did. Lucky for us, we were able to get a table immediately, quite a feat in Manhattan on Saturday! Great classic Italian food, yummy Italian wine, and excellent service rounded out the meal. Their Chicken Marsala was a standout. This is a place that we will be returning to the next time we're in NYC.

There are newer reviews for Bello Giardino

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Bring cash - no credit cards. Stopped by here late afternoon after visiting Strawberry Fields in Central Park - an easy stroll. Was lucky to meet the chef and enjoyed a delicous spicy meatball hot off the pan. Came back for dinner and had the spicy meatballs with sauce as an appetizer - sooo good. Also had eggplant parmesan and cleaned my plate. The red sauce is perfect. A cozy and comfortable atmosphere. Just saw the other review about homemade lemoncello, missed that but I'll definitely be back to give it a try along with another plate of spicy meatballs when I visit NY again. Thank you Nicky.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I discovered this place a good ten years ago and have made it a point to return there every time I'm back in NYC. The menu hasn't changed over the years (why mess with something that is great?!) but there are always some new interesting daily specials. The servers are attentive, the pricing is reasonable and there's a wonderful private garden area in the back when the weather is nice. NOTE--this is a cash only establishment. Stop at an ATM on the way.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This gem of a restaurant off the main avenue of Columbus and on West 71st (I believe) is a great deal. You can sit outside in nice weather. "Outside" means a beautiful area out back of the restaurant. You feel like you are in a garden in Italy,,,thus the name of the restaurant. They had a prix fixe menu when we were there for lunch, and it was really good pasta, salad, and ? Can't remember the 3rd part, or if there WAS a 3rd part, but I do remember that it was very affordable. In the range of 12.99 without beverage or anything extra. My husband and I both loved it. There was some construction going on at one of the brownstones nearby, and this caused it to be noisy and I guess it was unavoidable. But otherwise we LOVED this place, and especially for the good food and value, we will return. Recommended it to some friends who had lunch there a week or two later, and they liked it as much as we did. NO CREDIT CARDS....bring cash!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We eat here at least once per week. Nicki and his staff are always very welcoming and inviting. The meatballs are the best in NYC. The martinis are cold, dry and delicious. I am very simple when I come here. I get spaghetti and meatballs, or rigatoni with ricotta and Pomodoro, or the chicken fra diavlo. Sometime they have a stuffed rigatoni with a bolognese sauce. Have never had a bad meal here. Nicki also jas a homemade limoncello that is amazing. Overall, great service, value, and best of all, great food. Remember, it is cash only!