“refreshing”

Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Dusseldorf, Germany
“refreshing”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Tasty food and reasonable prices = great value. Good beer selection, too. This place stood out during a week in the Lower East Side in which we went to several more expensive restaurants with great sevice and excellent presentation but with food that for the most part was lacking in flavour.
We ordered vegetarian, and I was a bit surprised that it wasn't spicier. They said the meat is hotter and - nice gesture - brought me some of the lamb to sample. Would definitely return.

• Visited April 2014

• Polish first
New York
“Always Tasty”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have been eating at Awash for more than ten years. I am a vegan, and their combination vegetable platter never fails to sastify me. I t is always flavorful, and it is always enough.

• Visited February 2014
Ithaca, New York
“Quality Ethiopian near Columbia”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We got a table after a short wait .. that was a real positive on a Friday night with no reservations.
The food was standard Ethiopian fare, pretty well-made. Good choice of beers. The portions were not enough for feeding hungry college kids.

• Visited October 2013
Sweden
“Interesting introduction to Ethiopian food”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I always wanted to know what Ethiopian food was like but for some reason, I never managed until now. I really did not know what expect, as I have not eaten this type of food before.

The decoration is simple, the food was nice (not outstanding) and the prices were very reasonable. The service was acceptable, but it took a lot of time for them to take the orders, get the bill, etc. I thought that Ethiopian food had a slight similarity with Moroccan food, although obviously they are quite different. Very interesting food.

I would be happy to visit this restaurant again.

• Visited October 2013
New York City
“Best Ethiopian Option on the UWS”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I eat here every couple of months. It's almost always very good although once in awhile it's only okay. Very good food. Very inexpensive and VERY filling!

Visited May 2013