“Great food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dallas BBQ - CLOSED

Dallas BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I went to the restaurant it's a great restaurant, the food is good, excellent taste, te Pina Colada it's served in a big cup with the rum bottle inside. No reservation needed, I visited with my family. My wife ate ribs, she said it's excellent, I taste the shirmps, with baked potates, they served a good portion, with big shrimps. It's not expensive, the server was very corteus

• Visited July 2013

• Greek first
East Orange, New Jersey
“Mediocre Food/ Poor Customer Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant since it was close to our next destination. For the record I absolutely love the Dallas BBQs chain but this location leaves a lot to be desired. My drink was not as tasty and it tasted watered down. The margarita machine was broken so I had to settle for a pina colada. Our server was Scarlet and she was not on top of her game. We had to ask for napkins, ask for sauce, ask for water....she was not attentive. Then came the food. My husbands steak was cold and had absolutely no flavor. We didn't send it back because we were on a time limit but he had to doctor it up with salt, pepper and hot sauce. I asked for butter for my baked potato and she passed me 3 times for other tables and I still had to remind her. She was more friendly and attentive to other patrons which I found strange because we had no issues.

I will still visit other BBQs locations just not this one. Or perhaps I'll get a better server if I ever decide to come here again. It's on a great street and in a good area so I think this is what saves them.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Food was great; service was poor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was visiting New York when I found Dallas BBQ. After enduring a long walk on a hot day I thought it was worth a try until the waitress Anya S on the receipt contested with me over the drink that I ordered.

It was an alcoholic beverage that required her to ask me for identification which I didn't have with me at the time. In order to keep the peace I said that I would like to have a Coca Cola instead. She then continued on discussing the matter over the drink when I had clearly requested another to save her the trouble.

She decided to take it upon herself and bring me the alcoholic drink even when asking for something else.

My partner's order was incorrect and had to be taken back and when it came to paying the bill Anya said and I quote: "Is my service worth this much (talking about the tip)? No thanks, you can keep it and walked off."

I will not be going there again - considering the nice neighbourhood, I was quite surprised that a waitress with the manners she has is allowed to keep her job.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Good Service. Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We loved this place. Group of friends (15 in all) no reservations and we got great service. The chicken wings are to die for! Do not forget to order these wings? The BBQ reminds you of down south BBQ with that Texas bowl of chili. The fried veg was delicious as well. would definite recommend to all my friends to visit!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great food great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Went here for lunch and was really impressed. We were seated at the window, looking out at times square which was fab. Ordered pepsis and they came out in huge glasses! I got the texas hot dog, boyfriend got the combo meal, both were great. Enjoyed it here

• Visited September 2013