“Good but not great!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went there yesterday following a recommendation from someone back home. The enlarged drinks served in what I can only describe as glass fish bowls on stems were greatly appreciated after a long day sight seeing. The meals are also large so we asked if my two teenagers could share a meal and this was allowed.
I had the ribs and chicken combo which were served with cornbread and fries. The presentation was slightly off putting, it just looked like it had been thrown on the plate and the fries were not great. Skin on thin fries that quite honestly looked like they had seen better days. My teenagers didn't eat theirs which is saying something.
The waitress was friendly but struggled to understand English . I appreciate we are English but it grated on me when we asked for water and had to repeat ourselves three times with my son nearly resorting to animation before she got what we wanted, we asked for more butter and got a take out container????
This was one of those occasions where having to give a tip because its the done thing in the USA bugged me

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had lunch with the family around 2:30 pm. This beyond the price difference is more the attitude and the restaurant policy.

Menu indicates a price for ribs until 5:00 pm (9.99). This is clearly indicated.

When I asked the waiter, why am I being charged way much more than the advertised price, she replied "As you did not mentioned, I did not give you that one".

As it was 2;30 pm , does the customers have to indicate "its before 5:00 pm" to get such price? Absolutly not. This is one way of getting more bucks from the customers but is leaving a very negative feeling and won't return to this place.

But now all of you know.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I went there twice, and I love it! There is a lot of noise and it is often crowded but the food is really good, generous and we can eat for a good price. The cocktails are delicious!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I try to stop by this place every once in a while. I love the food and for the price you're getting a great portion deal. The drinks are amazing! I love the fall off the bone ribs and the huge burgers. Needless to say, you do not leave hungry. My boyfriend says this isn't the best BBQ he's had, I still like it a lot. If you're really really hungry, order your food and drinks Texas Big! :D. The waiter I have had a few times is great! I can't remember his name sadly. He's black, very skinny and over the top friendly! :) It does get noisy at night, so if you're looking for something more romantic than night out, I wouldn't recommend this place. It is really good for a night with friends, though.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The food was very tasty, drinks are huge and sooooo good. I really recommend trying it. We enjoyed it very much