“Awful food and ambiance”
Review of Dallas BBQ - CLOSED

Dallas BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We hoped to get a rib fix in NY - probably a bad idea - and this had goodish reviews from Zagat. The service was good but the restaurant was barn-like, on two very large floors crammed with people all eating vast quantities of deep fried everything and brightly coloured cocktails. This would have been fine if the ribs had been good but they weren't - the sauce was over-sweet as was the salad dressing and the corn bread. Not an experience we will repeat!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

One of my all-time favorites, delicious food, large portions, speedy service and very reasonable prices. If you've never been try the traditional 1/2 chicken ($10) and onion loaf ($6). You get your choice of sides (baked potato or rice, salad) and it's enough for 2 people. I've never had anything I didn't find tasty, from the pulled pork ($12) to the chicken veggie soup (a cup for $2).

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is one of my favorites ---- They have economical lunch specials, and an excellent location, just west of the famed Dakota Apartment Building. As a barbecue, they emphasize the meat dishes; potato salad was excellent. I will return there on future trips! SB

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've been to Dallas BBQ's on 72nd and on fordham. both had a pretty good service and the food and portion sizes great. that is not what I could say about the coop city location. First they made you wait outside even though there was adequate space to wait inside. Now on a warm day this would be fine but today it was about 30 degrees outside. It was Crowded so we decided to do takeout...Big mistake. we waited almost 40 minutes for our food to come out and when I did it was totally wrong. I always order the sesame spinach salad. I had to request dressing and they still didnt put it on the bag. At other locations this salad has ample portions so much so that I normally have it for the next day. not at this location. The salad was tiny like the size of a side salad. when I complained about it the manager told me that they were different than the other locations but that he would speak to his bosses to find out if they could make the portion size normal like the other locations. What.... if I'm paying 10 bucks for a salad I want a salad. The manager gave me Another salad and a pina colada most likely because i told him I would contact my credit card company and dispute the charges if my order wasnt Corrected. I wasn't the only customer complaining another guy waited almost an hour for his take out and a woman was over charged by 8 dollars. we like BB Q's and it's normally a treat for us but this was a horror. The staff didnt seem to Care that you were waiting for your order and only after i said something did the host go and check. this was our first and most definitely last time at this location.

1  Thank yolialva
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My first time in dallas bbq co-op city in the bronx. Me & my wifie went for the first time to eat steak with bbq ribs & to get our drinks on. A fight breaks out right next to us!! staff & custom was punching each out!! The boss was helping is worker beat the guy up!! all because he said why are you on your cell phone, thats not nice when you asking us, what we want to order. the worker got mad & said you not my boss!! thats when the fight started. "NEVER AGAIN I GO THERE!!...