“Dallas BBQ Is the "WORST"”
Review of Dallas BBQ - CLOSED

Dallas BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Bronx, New York
“Dallas BBQ Is the "WORST"”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My first time in dallas bbq co-op city in the bronx. Me & my wifie went for the first time to eat steak with bbq ribs & to get our drinks on. A fight breaks out right next to us!! staff & custom was punching each out!! The boss was helping is worker beat the guy up!! all because he said why are you on your cell phone, thats not nice when you asking us, what we want to order. the worker got mad & said you not my boss!! thats when the fight started. "NEVER AGAIN I GO THERE!!...

• Visited February 2013

• Greek first
“Great food, great price”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We went here as a couple on a Friday evening, we both ordered a 20oz Coors Light and the chicken and rib combo. Delicious! Cost us about $40 and we had lots of leftovers to take home.
Could have had better service (our waitress was busy flirting with the hot-headed bouncer at the door) but the very nice middle-aged Latino lady who cleared tables tended to all our needs with a smile. We wished our tip could have gone to her instead of the waitress.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank nursemack
New York, New York, United States
“Restaurant in Bay Plaza is closed”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Went there today (2/5/2013), and the restaurant has been shut down and a vacate order is posted on the doors and windows. Says that the place was dangerous to civilians...go figure, smh. Food was great. Not sure what happened.

Visited February 2013
New York City
“Dallas BBQ strikes out”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

A fanatic is someone who tries the same thing over and over with the hope of better results. I have been to Dallas BBQ at three locations in New York City -- 23rd & 8th Ave., 3rd Ave. near 72nd St., and most recently on 42nd St. near Times Square, In each instance the experience has been disappointing.

While not quite a fanatic about barbecue, I do like it. That explains my three trips to the plates at Dallas BBQ. They offer a rack of "slowly smoked Bar-B-Qued baby back ribs, served with cornbread and a choice of baked or french fried Idaho potatoes." for $11.99. That seems like quite a bargain, as most BBQ places in Manhattan charge $20 - $25 for such a meal. However, the ribs are the smallest you will ever see, and not terribly meaty, and don't have the hickory-smoked flavor of well-cooked ribs. Overall, the food is quite bland.

The huge dining room on 42nd St. reminds one of a dining hall at a college or factory: scores of small tables lined up very close to each other. You will know everything nearby diners are talking about.

Drinks: I had a Margarita which was improperly made -- it should have been shaken in a shaker with ice, but this one was curiously lukewarm, and the alcohol content seemed low or non-existent. It was also bland for lack of lime juice. In all, an experience one does not wish to have again.

• Visited January 2013
West Windsor, NJ
“Best Deal in Tourist Area”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Food: Dallas BBQ isn't ever going to win any awards, but it's good comfort food. The cornbread in particular is excellent - always moist without being too wet, and fluffy without being too dry. I have tried their ribs (tender and tangy), rotisserie chicken (moist and satisfying), and some kind of AWESOME burger that had sliced brisket on top of it.

Service: I've been here twice, and received very different service. My wife and I went in the evening about an hour before curtain; upon telling the waitress of our time restriction we were blown away by her responsive service. In and out in a total of 35 mins. The second time, just last Sunday during the day, it took 15 mins just to flag down a waiter to take our drink order.

Atmosphere: It's larger than most Times Square joints, but they have many tables crammed in the space so you'll still practically be sitting on top of other diners.

Value: WIN! If you must go to a tourist trap, you will find NO BETTER VALUE. Their combo plates (1/2 chicken, 1/2 rack of ribs, side, and cornbread) are only $12.99 as of this writing. In most tourist joints that $12.99 will buy you a half sandwich. They serve beer in chalices. CHALICES, I SAY - also at resonable prices.

Dallas BBQ has become my de facto place to go when I'm in that area and need cheap, flling food.

• Visited January 2013