“Shame on you tne new Dallas BBQ at Bay Plaza”
Review of Dallas BBQ - CLOSED

Dallas BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Bronx, New York
“Shame on you tne new Dallas BBQ at Bay Plaza”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I looked forward with anticipation to the opening of the Dallas BBQ at Bay Plaza. I went Saturday evening the place was very busy. I like the large screen TV and Decor. I was dining alone I was put at table with a wobbly leg. I was surprised since the place is brand new that they would have that problem but things happen. I waited and waited for someone to come and ask for my order. I finally saw a young man who I asked to fix the leg on my table. He got some napkins and put it under the table leg. It turns out he was my server. So these were little things that could be overcome. What was disturbing to me was the lack of diversity in the staff. The restaurant is located near Gun Hill Road and right outside COOP City but the staffing has no reflection of an entire community but for the most part reflects only one section of the community. It was surprising and upsetting. There no reason for this. Who is doing your hiring look at your staff?. I had thought about taking pictures so everyone could see what I am talking about. If I happen to go again I will. Anyway Shame on you Bay Plaza Dallas BBQ. I guess I will stick to Chelsea and 72nd street.

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank Theofran

• Greek first
Montreal
“Great value, great taste”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I had late night byte at Dallas BBQ-Upper Westside back in September 2012. We were so amaze by the taste, portions and value of the dishes being served. I had the Beef ribs combo with chicken, it look like something out of the Flintstones cartoons, it was huge ... but let me tell you it was equally delicious. It was a very busy night and I don't know if this had an impact on the quality of the service, which I found was very impersonal, but on the bright side it was very fast. Next time in NYC I will definitely go back. They also had Great drinks!

• Visited September 2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“good tasty food”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

this restaurant was very close to where we were staying and we thought, it must be pretty good if it was so busy! Service wasnt the fastest but the food itself was very well cooked(bbq special). Not like the tough steak back home and the rubbery dry chicken from similar priced restaurants.
Steak that melted in the mouth and juicy chicken! Would definately recommend and would return if back in New York.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank szwandtkj
manchester
“Rescued Thanksgiving Dinner”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Good Food Good Service Great Atmosphere keep it up guys see you in the future
Recommended by relatives who had visited weeks previously and I recommend highly

Visited November 2012
Michigan
“Ok food ok service”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The service was slow and not super friendly. The food was good but nothing special. The prices though were very reasonable for NYC. I did get a pina colada which was DELICIOUS!! If you go get a frozen drink it is a MUST have! Warning though this place gets crazy busy so be prepared to wait for a table or go early to avoid a crowd!!

Visited November 2012