“A dream come true!”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lincoln Square
Reviewed July 11, 2016

I had been dreaming about coming to this place since I was a little girl. It lived up to the expectations. My mom and I enjoyed every single bite and want to come back next time we are in New York.

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed July 6, 2016

AWESOME....I love a hot dog and I will say these are the BEST in NYC. As for that the best ANYWHERE.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

Having seen a documentary on the best hot dog places in the USA (and Gray's bring one of them) and the reviews on TA, this was a 'must do' for me - the tourist. The bun was soggy, but the sausage was tasty. The papaya 'juice' was too sweet and diluted. All in all, I've checked the box, but would not have done it had I known the outcome. There are better hotdogs at NYC.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

The "recession special" of 2 hotdogs and a drink for $5.95 is perfect for lunch on the move. They are great hotdogs and because the turnover is so high, they are very fresh - as are the rolls. A NY institution - for good reason! Yummy!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 1, 2016

A visit to NYC isn’t complete without a pit stop at Gray’s Papaya for me. On my last visit to NYC, we landed, checked into our hotel and walked the ten blocks up Broadway to grab a dog. It’s not that it’s the best hot-dog you’ll ever eat but it’s the no frills, quick NYC service in an iconic place with a great atmosphere that does it for me. I love it when I spot it in a film and I can say ‘I’ve been there’. Overall, the hot-dogs are good and there is a decent choice of extra toppings. Value for money is great too; they do deals up on the board so you can pick what suits you best.

Date of visit: November 2015