“Disgraceful”
Review of Felix Cafe

Felix Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Felix Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,608 of 14,202 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: SoHo
Cross street: Grand
Transit: Directions By Subway: A, C, E, 1, 9, 6, N, R, S, J, M, Z – Canal Street stationDirections By Bus: * M5 – Houston and West Broadway (south); * M21 – Houston and West Broadway (east/west); * M10 – Varick and Grand Streets (south); * M1 – Broadway and Grand Street (south weekdays); * M1 – Lafayette and Grand Street (north weekdays)
Description: "Felix is situated on a corner in downtown Soho NYC with french doors that open up all around for ultimate people watching. With its authentic, worn-in, comfortable french decor, its international crowd, upbeat ambiance and awesome cultural flavor, day or night, this popular and long-lasting hangout makes for a fabulous dining experience."
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I was more than disappointed when my husband, son and I dined at Felix this evening. We were recommended by our hosts from our accommodation and so we were eagerly anticipating a beautiful French meal.
When we arrived the snobby hostess completely ignored me while we stood waiting to be seated. Another patron stepped in front of me and she chose to seat him first. When she came back I explained that I was looking for a table for 3. Once seated, it took ten minutes to receive bread and water.
I enjoy steak tartare and so ordered this. I often choose this and rarely have problems. This version was tasty enough but very chewy with multiple large pieces of gristle throughout. I told the waiter when he collected the plate about it and some other waiter came to try to defend the dish. I have worked in hospitality myself and have prepared steak tartare at the table for customers. There is no other way to say it but that it was sub-quality meat. I was not looking for a discount or a free dessert as offered. I merely wanted to point out that it was the worst steak tartare I'd ever ordered. Even the German restaurant in TriBeCa can pull off a better one than your restaurant.
Overall this was the most appalling restaurant experience we've had in NYC in the last month that we've been here.
Oh, and AMEX only? What's with that???

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had brunch--Benedict Florentine and Benedict Saumon with champagne based beverages. The eggs were done just right as were the drinks. Staff was attentive to requests. Situated on a corner, the restaurant has pleasant views of the street.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stumbled across this at Noon on Broadway/Canal. Open area type cafe. Surprising to me was that he asked if I had a reservation, which I did not, but said I was going to have one drink at the bar (very small bar). Fairly busy at first, but little did I realize that the World Cup game was about to start - Colombia vs Greece, and I was in the middle of a gaggle of South Americans!! It got crowded in a hurry, and the futbol vibe was buzzing, standing room only! I texted the wife and told her to get here! We enjoyed the game, excitement. fans, dancing, and celebration! The food looked and smelled great. We did not eat, but will return to do so, next time.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We were fortunate to get a table in the window, half in and half out of the restaurant. Sunny, breezy day, GREAT FOOD and people watching to die for. Service very good and the butterflied berkshire porkchop, was one of the best I have ever eaten. And save room for dessert!!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The best French restaurant! Love the atmosphere, love the food!!!! The service was great!
There is also a bar area where a lot of people just having drinks, talking or watching a game on a huge TV. My husband and I love to go there for a romantic dinner, but we also take our kids with us sometimes and they also enjoy the food there very much!