“Great food and service was great!”
Review of Da Silvano - CLOSED

Da Silvano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Houston
Transit: West 4th Street Subway A,C,E,B,D,F Houston Street Subway Lines 1,9 Bleecker Street Subway Lines 4,5,6
Description: On May 1, 1975, Silvano Marchetto opened the doors to what was to become one of the most successful restaurants in New York history. Silvano reinvented Italian restaurants by introducing New Yorkers to Cucina Toscana (true Tuscan food) while injecting a rock 'n' roll energy filled with everything that is Downtown cool.The amazing food, the fashionably fabulous customers, and the entertaining environment make Da Silvano a favorite for many. Whether colleagues come to discuss deals over lunch, first dates come to fall in love over dinner, or friends come to enjoy the sidewalk people-watching on a warm evening, few leave without lasting memories.Serving lunch and dinner seven days a week, the restaurant is always bustling, and continually offers new and innovative menu specials. In the warmer months during Spring, Summer and Fall, the restaurant's large sidewalk café is the perfect spot to wine and dine with friends and family while taking part in some of the best people watching in Manhattan.
“Great food and service was great!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Great location and good for people watching. Food was delish especially the bruschetta. Service was great. The servers were absolutely wonderful. Will definitely return!

• Visited November 2013

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Dreadful”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was comfortably our worst dining experience in New York. The omens were bad when we were served Prosecco in wine glasses instead of flutes and presented with a menu which had a list of far too many specials. As we all know, this is how restaurants try to shed stock. Then came the food itself. Shrimps which were dry and tasteless and fegato which was gloopy with butter and accompanied by reheated roast potato, bland spinach and a limp lettuce leaf for "garnish". Just as bad was the service: lots of bland gushing but no warmth, and an indecent and obvious haste to push us through. We left feeling seriously angry. If you want a really good Village restaurant, go to Perry Street.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Headmanpete
Toronto
“Authentic Italian”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was walking on 6th looking for an Italian restaurant to eat at. As I passed Da Silvano's, I said to my wife, "Hey it's Mario Batali sitting outside" why not try it? The outside patio was a great place to sit and watch the world go by. The food was excellent, authentic Italian fare. The server was friendly and professional. As the place became busy, the other wait staff stepped in to help each other's tables.

Looking forward to returning.

• Visited October 2013
NYC
“Location”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great people watching spot. Beautiful people everywhere. Excellent drinks. Very good food. Nothing fancy here. Casual but classy & for adults...kids stay home please. Outdoor seating on warmer days is a must.

Visited July 2013
“The rudest waiter I've ever experienced!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

After a magical day in New York City my husband and I decided to visit Da Silvano for a bite to eat and a glass of wine. On arrival, we were greeted promptly and sat outside in the beautiful September sunshine.
Our waiter approached the table and handed us the menu which looked delicious and I was really thrilled with our choice of resturant until we placed our order.
We decided to have a bottle of red wine which was priced at $55 - one of the cheapest- this seemed to really get the waiters back up and his attitude went from bad to worse when he discovered we only wanted to order something light which comprised of 2 starters.
I did however ask the waiter if this was ok and after looking around the terrace and spotting only 6 other customers I thought he'd be happy to have a least 2 more people in his establishment . Alas, I was wrong , the service was comical with tut tuts and my personal favourite eye rolling when I asked if the bathrooms were on the left or the right hand side. I could continue on further detailing how the waiter really kicked off when we told him he wasn't getting a tip but I'll finish by saying, the food was average , the wine was good but without exception, the rudest waiter I've ever met. Beside De Salvano there's another Italian which was packed and had people putting their names on a waiting list, I'd suggest if you're visiting the area to eat there.

• Visited September 2013