“Great place for a quick lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Flushing, New York
“Great place for a quick lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Soups, salads, and sandwiches! What could be better for lunch? I frequented this spot when I was in school. It's a great place to get something relatively good for you quickly and cheaply. There is a pretty big selection of soups and they are all delicious. The sandwiches are sold in wholes or halves so you don't need to pay for more than you intend to eat. I could eat there every day and get something different with their variety!

Visited June 2014

Bangkok, Thailand
“Cheap & Cheerful healthy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

A local friend of mine introduced me to the soup here at grand central station, it became a regular feed for me as i was finding it hard to find a healthy snack. Really enjoyed trying the different flavours each day.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,427 helpful votes
“Awesome soups!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Every time I come to NYC, I always make my way to the Chelsea Market and the High-Line located right above from the Market. and every time I come to the market, I make sure to come by Hale and Hearty Soups as in my mind, they have some of the best soups I have ever had. I personally love their Cheese and Broccoli soup and always get that with a combo with a half wrap. Their selections of both soups and sandwiches are limitless and their service is ultra fast. Even when the line looks like it will take like 45 minutes, it never does and always goes by so fast. If you only have a few minutes to eat, then look no longer and stop by this great joint! :)

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Burlington, ON
“Warmed me up on a cold day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stopped in for soup on a cold, February day. I had the split pea and absolutely loved it. My friends had lentil and chicken rice and they both also loved their choices.

Visited February 2014
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Really good, reasonably priced (for New York City)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Face it - New York has some really outstanding restaurants, but they are also very expensive. And if you are like us, you want light (and inexpensive) lunch that won't interfere with having a more elaborate dinner later.

Hale & Hearty is a great place. The Ninth Avenue store is actually one of many very good places in Chelsea Market - an indoor mall that is especially appealing to 'foodies' because it is also the headquarters of Food TV.

Wife, son and I were there yesterday, and had considered several of the interesting places to choose from. Wife and son tend to be indecisive, and since I really felt like soup (it was a pretty cold day), I made the decision that we would go do Hale & Hearty. Very good choice.

Son had a sandwich that he report was outstanding. It was prepackaged, but that doesn't mean that was one of the horrid cellophane-wrapped refrigerated things that have been sitting around for a couple of weeks. Made using sourdough bread, it couldn't have been more than an hour old.

Wife had three-bean chili that she also liked a lot. Said it was a little spicy, but then chili is supposed to be spicy.

I had a Tuscan white bean with spinach soup that, in my opinion, was some of the best I have ever had. Thick, but not so creamy-rich that you feel bloated after eating it, and full of flavor. The cup of soup came with a thick slice of very good sourdough bread.

The store has not seating. Instead, one must find a table out in the mall. A suggestion is to aim for an early lunch - 12 noon at the latest, and 11:45 is even better, because after that there are no tables to choose from.

Great place for lunch, and the price is very reasonable for New York City.

• Visited February 2014