“Awesome soups!!!”

Cuisines: Healthy, Soups
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Every time I come to NYC, I always make my way to the Chelsea Market and the High-Line located right above from the Market. and every time I come to the market, I make sure to come by Hale and Hearty Soups as in my mind, they have some of the best soups I have ever had. I personally love their Cheese and Broccoli soup and always get that with a combo with a half wrap. Their selections of both soups and sandwiches are limitless and their service is ultra fast. Even when the line looks like it will take like 45 minutes, it never does and always goes by so fast. If you only have a few minutes to eat, then look no longer and stop by this great joint! :)

There are newer reviews for Hale and Hearty Soups--Ninth Avenue

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stopped in for soup on a cold, February day. I had the split pea and absolutely loved it. My friends had lentil and chicken rice and they both also loved their choices.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Face it - New York has some really outstanding restaurants, but they are also very expensive. And if you are like us, you want light (and inexpensive) lunch that won't interfere with having a more elaborate dinner later.

Hale & Hearty is a great place. The Ninth Avenue store is actually one of many very good places in Chelsea Market - an indoor mall that is especially appealing to 'foodies' because it is also the headquarters of Food TV.

Wife, son and I were there yesterday, and had considered several of the interesting places to choose from. Wife and son tend to be indecisive, and since I really felt like soup (it was a pretty cold day), I made the decision that we would go do Hale & Hearty. Very good choice.

Son had a sandwich that he report was outstanding. It was prepackaged, but that doesn't mean that was one of the horrid cellophane-wrapped refrigerated things that have been sitting around for a couple of weeks. Made using sourdough bread, it couldn't have been more than an hour old.

Wife had three-bean chili that she also liked a lot. Said it was a little spicy, but then chili is supposed to be spicy.

I had a Tuscan white bean with spinach soup that, in my opinion, was some of the best I have ever had. Thick, but not so creamy-rich that you feel bloated after eating it, and full of flavor. The cup of soup came with a thick slice of very good sourdough bread.

The store has not seating. Instead, one must find a table out in the mall. A suggestion is to aim for an early lunch - 12 noon at the latest, and 11:45 is even better, because after that there are no tables to choose from.

Great place for lunch, and the price is very reasonable for New York City.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We loved the selection at the Chelsea Market location. There was a wide variety of soups, including various vegetarian options for my travel-mate. Ask for free tastings before choosing. It didn't make the selection easier, everything tasted amazing. Come back again and again for other options that won't beak your diet, or your bank balance

1  Thank Mermaid_Nix_ZA
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We cautiously ordered a small bowl of soup to share in order to hold us over for a big meal later that evening. We might have ordered a bigger bowl had we known it would be so good. The restaurant offered a warm stop and a stool at a counter for a quick bite. There seemed to be a lot of extremely bored employees at this place when we stopped by. They might have been doing some cleaning because there were crumbs and napkins on the counters and floors from past diners. Would go back though because the soup was good. I don't think they had a bathroom. That might have made it better.