“Great find - would highly recommend”
Review of Bubby's

Bubby's
Ranked #186 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Description: Bubby's serves homemade American food. Celebrating 25 years, we've been cooking like Americans since 1990.
Reviewed September 3, 2009

We stumbled upon Bubbys on our way through the West Village, what a great find! It was extremely busy which was a good sign. Upon being seated we were brought water & also a basket of fresh homemade corn bread & scones (not charged for) - yummy!! Everything here is homemade with the focus on quality fresh produce, so tastes delicious. Portions were extremely generous, though we were only there for lunch so ate fairly lightly. Food was of a very high standard & excellent value for what you got. Service was good especially considering how busy they were.
Would love to go back for dinner. They also open all night & do midnight breakfast service.
Can't recommend enough!!!

1  Thank Margo2711
Write a ReviewReviews (1,194)

Reviewed July 6, 2009

Happened upon Bubby's while wandering lost in TriBeCa with family of 3. Waiter was very helpful and entertaining. I had Veggie burger: yummy, with excellent french fried variety side. Don't remember others' dishes but there was a surprisingly delicious green bean side. They had good variety, a lot of that day farmers' market produce, lots of organic, lots of grass-fed beef, etc.. Extremely delicious strawberry-rhubarb pie. OK, so they didn't have any of the lime-chili-pepper soda that was on the menu, but the fact that it was on the menu tells you something! Quite loud, which you could take as fun or as annoying. We were in a fine mood for loud.

Reviewed June 17, 2009

Let me just preface this review by stating that if the turkey burger I had at Bubby's hadn't given me food poisoning, I would have given the restaurant a slightly higher rating. However, sweating and convulsing on the streets of New York at 2am with violent stomach cramps has forced me to knock it down a couple stars. Sorry.

I went to Bubby's with a group of 9. The restaurant was full but not packed and service was attentive. We had reservations at 8, and they were already out of several menu items. Myself and my friend both got turkey burgers (more on that later) and several other people in our party got mac and cheese (pretty bland per my friend Dave), fried chicken (decent), and a wedge salad (too much bleu cheese). The overall impression I got was that the food was just ok. The turkey burger, aside from apparently being soaked in salmonella, wasn't flavorful and was too small for the bun. And what I experienced later that night can only be described as "Bubby's Revenge". Luckily for my friend who also had the turkey burger, he didn't feel the effects until the next morning when he was in the safety and privacy of his own apartment. I have to give Bubby's a thumbs down but my own Bubby two thumbs up.

1  Thank BrianFromPhila
Reviewed April 12, 2009

I had breakfast at Bubby's during the week and the food was good and I didn't have any problems with the service. It was a bright and attractive and I would go back.

1  Thank Elizabethm42
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 20, 2009

All I have to say is Eggs Benedict... yuuumm... if ur lucky enough u catch a celeb or two having breakfast/brunch here on a weekend... otherwise while u enjoy the amazing food you'll be surrounded by baby carriages of the rich moms of NYC

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook