“Bubby's Revenge”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Description: Bubby's serves homemade American food. Celebrating 25 years, we've been cooking like Americans since 1990.
Philadelphia
“Bubby's Revenge”
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Let me just preface this review by stating that if the turkey burger I had at Bubby's hadn't given me food poisoning, I would have given the restaurant a slightly higher rating. However, sweating and convulsing on the streets of New York at 2am with violent stomach cramps has forced me to knock it down a couple stars. Sorry.

I went to Bubby's with a group of 9. The restaurant was full but not packed and service was attentive. We had reservations at 8, and they were already out of several menu items. Myself and my friend both got turkey burgers (more on that later) and several other people in our party got mac and cheese (pretty bland per my friend Dave), fried chicken (decent), and a wedge salad (too much bleu cheese). The overall impression I got was that the food was just ok. The turkey burger, aside from apparently being soaked in salmonella, wasn't flavorful and was too small for the bun. And what I experienced later that night can only be described as "Bubby's Revenge". Luckily for my friend who also had the turkey burger, he didn't feel the effects until the next morning when he was in the safety and privacy of his own apartment. I have to give Bubby's a thumbs down but my own Bubby two thumbs up.

1 Thank BrianFromPhila

• Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good food in an attractive, bright space”
Reviewed April 12, 2009

I had breakfast at Bubby's during the week and the food was good and I didn't have any problems with the service. It was a bright and attractive and I would go back.

1 Thank Elizabethm42
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“All I have to say is Eggs Benedict... yuuumm... if ur lucky enough u catch a celeb or two having breakfast/brunch here...”
Reviewed January 20, 2009

All I have to say is Eggs Benedict... yuuumm... if ur lucky enough u catch a celeb or two having breakfast/brunch here on a weekend... otherwise while u enjoy the amazing food you'll be surrounded by baby carriages of the rich moms of NYC

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
TriBeCa NYC
“the staff does it no favors”
Reviewed November 20, 2008

Grumpy, indifferent service, and I'm not putting up with that in these times. I have been putting up with it for a few years because the place is in the neighborhood and I like one or two things on the menu--I 'd have gone alot more if the staff were better--but now, I'm done with Bubby's. Done.

1 Thank TriBillCa
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“had turkey burger (mixed...”
Reviewed November 6, 2008

had turkey burger (mixed with some shredded zuchini and carrots), side of mac 'n' cheese and green beans, and a lemon spritzer. MMMMmmmmm am now having cravings for the same meal plus pie and coffee

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook